Louisiana Rescue, HW+, scared, not potty trained (?) - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Knighted Member

I'm so glad to hear. And yes, I believe pictures are a requirement.
Sunsilver likes this.

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together,keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." A.A. Milne
Karen

Tessa~GSD
Della~GSD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsilver View Post
Gator, from what you've said about her elimination habits, it sounds like someone trained her to use puppy pads. So, maybe you need to buy some, and teach her to use them outside, instead of indoors!

Yeah, I found out with one of my pups that too much of certain doggie treats can cause stomach upset. Stress could be a factor, too. Best of luck with her...
I picked some up at Petsmart when I signed her over to me. Only bought 10 pack as the rest were XL and in 50 or 150 count. I was hopeful that it was just her being unsure what to do. But with this spilling of poo I am almost out.
The training her outside to use them is an AWESOME idea! I was going to bring out one she pee'd on and use to mark spot where to go, but if she can pee on it outside then bonus. I think that will work. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabis mom View Post
I was not in Walmart that long!
Care to explain how you failed to mention this??
And why no pictures? She sounds perfect for you I am glad you found her.

Ha! You got the first pic!
And I know, I should have told you sooner. Been overwhelmed with this decision, my friend was here..then her (the dog) peeing everywhere, then pooing everywhere, No food in me for 24 hrs. etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenzachsmom View Post
So very happy for you and this dear pup. Getting ready to go on vacation - so thrilled I got to read this before I leave. Thank you for taking a chance on her. You rock!
Aww, thank you! Enjoy your vaycay, and when you are back I should have lots of pics and hopefully happy stories about her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartandsoul View Post
I have to say she is in the best hands and heart possible with wonderful help surrounding her. I'll be in the mostly reading and cheering you on section.

Wishing you both the very best.
You have always been a great support. I thank you for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHans-someBoy View Post
I know you are probably still exhausted, but when you get rested up, we are going to need some PICTURES and a name for this very lucky girl.

So, so happy for you both!!

Pics to come soon! hopefully later this eve.
As for name (here current is Frosty, she came up from the states with that and seems to know it) my friend and I were joking about how to use Louisiana or something southern...NO to Belle BTW, lol
So we broke down to Louise then Anna...As we were talking she told me of her Aunt Louise and how they called her Wheezie...Maybe? IDK.
I had applied for a whippet x last month, and was declined, but I had come up with Ziggy for her, so maybe that.
Have to see what suits her as we go.

Open to suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksotto333 View Post
I'm so glad to hear. And yes, I believe pictures are a requirement.

Thank you!

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
post #23 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwart View Post
Aw, thanks, Sunsilver.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for news of the fate of this "Louisiana Little" (as I call the minis that are so common down here)....
I love that "Louisiana Little" so cute!

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 12:35 PM
Elite Member

What a lucky girl to have you rescue her. I'm sure she will bring you much joy!! Enjoy getting to know each other and I look forward to some photos as well and your updates.
post #25 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 12:36 PM
Crowned Member

YAY!!!!! I'm so happy for you. I know you're in for a lot of work putting her back together, but she's very lucky to have you.

I have my own Louisiana Little in my personal pack, Fiona. I have a soft spot for them. Mine came to me as a 6 mo. old, shut down and paralyzed with fear after the shelter euthanized her mother in front of her. Fiona had to watched her mama die at the shelter, but the euthanasia staff relented when it was the pup's turn because she was so young. They gave her one more day, having already traumatized her. Someone called me, and I got her out. She would splay on her tummy on the sidewalk at the bottom of the driveway, too scared to walk on leash. She would quake in fear going anywhere new. It was a long road, but she's a different dog now -- friendly and happy....and she's my Rehabilitator in Chief with foster dogs. She has an uncanny ability to read what my foster dogs need. She is the one who can reach them and teach them to trust when nothing else works. There are a lot of dogs who became adoptable because of her. She was a gift from Upstairs to help, and I'm so grateful. I think your Little will bring you some special gift too!

Name and pictures??? Oops, just saw the name is still a work in progress. Can't wait for you to post pictures!

Last edited by Magwart; 07-15-2017 at 12:39 PM.
post #26 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Crowned Member

== name? Big Easy -- hope it does turn out to be just that .
Sabis mom likes this.

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 10:42 PM
Crowned Member

I'm beyond thrilled that you chose her. You got this--all of it.

Maybe she was an outside dog to begin with? I know Robyn was really young when I got her, but she had lived outside so she peed in the house and laid down outside. You will probably have start from scratch with potty training line she is a puppy. No UTI?

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #28 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
== name? Big Easy -- hope it does turn out to be just that .

Thanks Carm, but no such luck...Vet app today. I got a sick doggie, but she is doing very well otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
I'm beyond thrilled that you chose her. You got this--all of it.

Maybe she was an outside dog to begin with? I know Robyn was really young when I got her, but she had lived outside so she peed in the house and laid down outside. You will probably have start from scratch with potty training line she is a puppy. No UTI?

Aww, thanks, I know you can appreciate adopting with all you have done with your pack, the fostering strays and rehoming, saving doves, the kitties...

No UTI that I can tell, she doesn't pee often. No straining of frequent dribbles of false squats. Will not pee outside at all. She does (now), start showing me time to go poop though...but she has been very sick (no vomiting, just diarrhea), so I am blowing through pee pads!

IDK if she was outside, or locked in a room or garage, she is afraid of the door closing on her, so as we come in we have to walk way in and then I can go back and close. Even closing it behind as we are going onto deck she looks at it fearful...but last night got a little better.

She does not want to meet people or dogs. She stands back tail tucked, but doesn't cower.

post #29 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Pictures of the Louisiana Little :)

SO what does she like she is crossed with?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170715_093001.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	433162   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170715_114045.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	433170   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170715_165853.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	433178   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170715_170227.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	433186  

post #30 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 09:56 AM
Elite Member

With her coat looking so very shepherd-y, it's very hard to make an educated guess! You said she was about 30 lbs? She looks MUCH bigger in that last shot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page