Too Much Excitement Pee - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shane'sDad

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

(Sorry for the very long paragraph, but here goes). We’ve been having a lot of issues with excitement pee. At first, maybe 2 months ago (she’s 5 months old now) we had no problems with excitement pee, not even out in public with new people. It was a behavior that started one night at a Bass Pro, where she peed everywhere on the floor and proceeded to step and slip all in it. So, after that we had problems where she did it when just meeting new people. But now, she does it all the time. I have to clean up pee every single time I come home. And I’ve read to not get them as excited, but today, is a great example. I simply went in the proximity of her crate (didn’t talk or anything, just sat on the couch) and she peed all in her crate. I put her leash on, took her outside, she peed again on the back porch and then finally on the grass. So, ok. Cleaned it up. We went into my room, and she’s learning to ask to get on my bed. She waited today, and she jumped up when was told, I took her off because I knew she’d probably pee all over my bed. So she got off, laid on her bed, and then peed all over her bed (while she was laying down). She’s also started a new behavior last night. She pees as she’s walking (doesn’t squat), like she pees as she’s walking normally. She used to have a problem that she’d also poop as she was walking, but we got that under control. It’s hard to redirect the behavior though, as I can’t exactly be looking behind me the whole time we walk. So... can anybody please help? I know she’s only 5 months old, but.. come on.. that’s a lot, no matter how old they are.

Last edited by DDRGSDEva; 08-26-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 05:01 PM
Master Member

Have you had her to your vet to be sure there's nothing going on urinary tract wise.....over the years we've had two with us who would get so excited when either of us got home...they'd pee sometimes because of extreme excitement......I was working with them through rescues...both these dogs were males.....some dogs will submissive pee when corrected OR voices are raised that's not all that common and most out grow it
as adults...but again to the extent and amount you're seeing...I guess possible it may be a behavioral issue.. but see your vet first to be sure there's nothing else going on.....
tim_s_adams likes this.

Be kind to your dog..he's only a few years of your life
but you.. are ALL of his life
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

We were gonna take her too the vet if it keeps going on like this by the end of the week. But we haven’t seen any blood or any other symptoms that could point to a UTI or something like that. And since it’s been going on for a while (not so much to the extent of today) I don’t think it’s anything to deal with a UTI
post #4 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 12:29 AM
Crowned Member

You don't always see blood with a uti.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page