German Shepherds Forum banner

12 wk GSD Pup wont let me pet him

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  oregontreehugger 
#1 ·
We got our new German Shepherd pup when he was 8 weeks old. He is the most adorable and incredible German Shepherd pup. He is so soft and furry and all I want to do is just bury my face in his fur.. but when I do that he pretty much bites me and will not let me touch Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae
him. Is this normal? I mean he's just so dang Cute!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Max!!

He is super cute and I hate to tell you but this is normal. You have a "Landshark"... not a puppy right now. All they want to do is play, bite and attack you (in a loving way :)) This will go on through his teething stage. Maybe snuggle when he is sleeping?? lol

Reactions: cvamoca
#4 ·
Yep, that's typical! What a cutie! My GS-puppies have tended to prefer tugging, biting or chasing to cuddling or petting. Mine have tended to like a good scratch or pat more as they got older. I'd carry around a tug or some other kind of chewie and redirect him onto that when he gets too bitey.

#5 ·
my big-boy, as a little fluff ball, thought every touch was an invitation to rough house. I still remember the first time I touched the top of his head and he held still. I quietly called to my hubby "honey, I'm petting my dog!" He was a little over a year old if I remember correctly.

One thing I did like to do is roll balls to him across the room. He'd bring it back and I'd hold the ball and wrestle a little bit with him. It was great. It still is except he's decided that he is too big to chase balls around the house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.