4Likes
  • 1 Post By plottwistt
  • 2 Post By dogma13
  • 1 Post By car2ner

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Shy puppy

Hi all,

I recently got a 13 week white shepherd who is fantastic, only issues i have with her is she is scared of the crate and wont go near it might be because i had her shipped from a different province so that probably plays a role but the other thing that is driving me insane is she is so shy with strangers when they come over to a point she will just go hide behind our couch and sleeps she wont greet them or try to smell them. With dogs when she bark at them and then go and smell them and run back to me. We have her enrolled in puppy classes starting in the next 2 weeks to help with her socializing.

Has anyone dealt with a shy puppy and what did you do to help with the human part?

Thank you and heres the puppy tax.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EAED8AD7-B8EA-4CD2-AA56-6DC489A8B9B2_1561996865431.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	522753  
atomic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 05:36 PM

Tell visitors to ignore her and let her decide when to investigate.Arm your visitors with little bags of tasty treats that they can drop on the floor as they walk near her.No talking or touching unless she relaxes and wants to interact.

Google *crate games* for ideas to make the crate a place she wants to be.Maybe put her food and water in there during the day when you're there so she can go in and out.
dogfaeries and sebrench like this.

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 06:27 PM

follow Dogma's Advice and be careful with that puppy class. If it is just a free-for-all it may not be the best thing. If it is a slightly structured class it might be a very good thing. Either way be patient and let the pup go to things on his own., If it goes to hide, don't coddle him with a lot of "poor baby". Do encourage small engagements.
Nigel likes this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

So i had my uncle come over, i gave him treats to give her she took them and still ended up barking at him. Its just with males with females she doesn't this issue she’ll go up to them wag her tail and do the excitement pee on the floor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page