Hot weather and sleeping - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By CAROLINM

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Hot weather and sleeping

Hello,

My almost 6 month old puppy has been sleeping a lot lately. He is eating as usual (each day hungrier haha) and plays for a really long time every night (He plays the same way, but he has been more enthusiastic about his ball than before, and he used to be quite enthusiastic already), he is also going to three or four clases per week (group classes), each of goes from 1 hour to 2 hours. But the weather has been crazy so, his classes get re scheduled or suspended sometimes. Temperature has been going from 110 to 130 Fahrenheit, and it has been raining at least twice or three times a week. He does spend most of his time inside the house mainly in the hours with that temperature, but then again, he does go outside for potty (he is smart and avoids going outside from 12 to 5).

But he has been sleeping a lot lately, like a lot. Sometimes we do not notice he is in the room, until you open a bag of chips (no matter the bag he always things bag noise is food). This started like 4 days ago, I think. We have not been to the vet, because he went there for a check up a week and a half ago, and his stools are better than ever, he eats as good as he always has, he is still quite vocal, but behaving much better, he controls his barking a little more, and he starting to walk better on leash....

But I do not know, may be I am overthinking it, Could he be depressed? Can it still be the fact that he is still loosing some teeth? or the fact that he is growing? or is it probably the really hot days we have had lately?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 10:20 PM
Crowned Member

I think his fatigue is due to the heat, teething, and growing. That's can tire any puppy out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 11:08 PM
Crowned Member

130? How hot is it indoors? Mine hated the heat as a puppy. Quiet can be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvShepherds View Post
130? How hot is it indoors? Mine hated the heat as a puppy. Quiet can be good.

I live in Hermosillo (Mexico), weather is a lot like Phoenix, 130 F can happen two or three days a year around noon, but happens only in July. Indoors we keep it around 20 to 25 Celsius (Sorry cant remember how much it is in F). He loves AC even in the car, and frozen stuff such as strawberries and blueberries. He did not used to go out before joining the group classes (we tried to take a lot of care of him, many stray dogs out there and viruses), so he was not used to exercise with other people and other dogs.

I guess quiet can be good sometimes, I guess I spent too much time reading and I overthink things haha...

Last edited by CAROLINM; 07-26-2018 at 01:42 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Beth View Post
I think his fatigue is due to the heat, teething, and growing. That's can tire any puppy out!

Yep, might as well be a combination of different things.
Mary Beth likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page