German Shepherds Forum banner

Puppy finally improving

586 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MaggieRoseLee 
#1 · (Edited)
So as some people know, ive had alot of troubles with my young girl, from constantly barking at people / other dogs. To trying to attack bikes ( From a incident ).

But im glad to say, ive finally seen all my hard work with the trainer pay off. I took her the beach along the path, she was on leash, and bikes / dogs / joggers, She didnt show a single interest in a single 1. So today i finally plucked up the courage to test her off leash. And she was the exact same, she just walked round me, ignoring everything she seen. Not a single thing wrong, but ofc im not going to stop the work, since i don't want her to full into her old ways. The only time on the entire off leash walk where i saw any aggression was when, a dog on its lead went crazy at her, she didn't attack it, just a few barks, then i gave her " ENOUGH " And she was back next to me like nothing happened.

Also is this normal ( I presume it is but im not an expert) My dog seems to know exactly when i pull up outside, I don't hear a single peep out of her just see her little tail wagging. But the other day my uncle said he was going to pop in with his 3 dogs and his son. So i decided to nip the shops to get some bread, on my way back i could hear my dog, going crazy, so as i got closer, i saw my dog standing at my back gate, barking like mad at my uncle his 3 dogs and his son. I asked him what was going he said, he just opened the gate and she went crazy, and wouldn't let them in. Once i said enough she stopped and just started wagging her tail with ears back. But im curious if that's normal? She is only 26 weeks. She has always been an alert barker but is this 2 much?

I would hate for this to happen while im not there, and she actually bite. ( I do have signs on my back gate and windows saying " German Shepherd lives here "

Thanks in advance for advice given

* PS - She will still be kept on leash, i let her off only in open fields / if i feel i can trust her on a path. *

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on all the training and things that are going well.

Also is this normal ( I presume it is but im not an expert) My dog seems to know exactly when i pull up outside, I don't hear a single peep out of her just see her little tail wagging. But the other day my uncle said he was going to pop in with his 3 dogs and his son. So i decided to nip the shops to get some bread, on my way back i could hear my dog, going crazy, so as i got closer, i saw my dog standing at my back gate, barking like mad at my uncle his 3 dogs and his son. I asked him what was going he said, he just opened the gate and she went crazy, and wouldn't let them in. Once i said enough she stopped and just started wagging her tail with ears back. But im curious if that's normal? She is only 26 weeks. She has always been an alert barker but is this 2 much?

I would hate for this to happen while im not there, and she actually bite. ( I do have signs on my back gate and windows saying " German Shepherd lives here "

Thanks in advance for advice given
If you aren't home when this happens, then you can't do any training to modify the behavior. Have to say, if she goes that nuts and was my dog my neighbors would be having HUGE ISSUES with me and the annoying dog.

So I'd only let my dog out in the yard when I was home. That way I could step in and do any appropriate training if needed. Or just bring her in so my neighbors would still love us :wild:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.