German Shepherds Forum banner

Barking barking and more barking...

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  katdog5911 
#1 ·
I know GSDs are vocal but Stella seems to have too much to say! She barks a lot when we are taking walks or when she sees another dog...(she is NOT aggressive, just wants to play), but it can be a bit scary for the other dog or person. Half the time I have no clue what she is barking at! I am guessing she is either excited or nervous....although she doesn't look nervous at all. Right now I am trying to just walk past whatever she is barking at and not make a big deal of it. I am wondering if this is something she will outgrow? She is 7 months old. Should I be doing something to correct her?

#2 ·
#3 ·
yes she is better in class. i can usually redirect her when i am there. of course i have lovely treats in class! i have not done clicker training. i guess i will try to remember to always carry lovely treats with me when out and about... and try to redirect her. when she is barking at something i can see i generally will let her walk up to it and let her see what it is. but a lot of the time i have no clue what she sees. i am sure she sees something...she actually found a 10 week old puppy lost in the woods once....good thing i didn't just ignore her barking that time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.