Possibly pregnant - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By lhczth

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Post Possibly pregnant

Hi I am trying to figure out if my Germany sheoherd is pregnant. She was in heat 3 weeks ago while I was sick in the hospital. I have 3 gsds. The male managed to get to her so I am unsure if they succeeded or not. She has been acting a bit different.. sole-I guess in the bathtub and under my bed for some reason. She enervating did this before. Also she threw up once the other day. I am just not sure. She would be about 3 weeks give or take. A day or 2 . Her nipple feel a bit swollen and I added a picture of them. I do plan to take her to her vet in a few days on my day off. Does her nipple look normal to you all?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E90139FB-BD3B-458B-B40C-0B0365EFC30B.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	512385  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 12:13 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

It is not unusual for the nipples to be swollen after the heat cycle so that isn't really a reliable indicator. At around a month after breeding you can get an ultrasound done to determine pregnancy. If you were planning on spaying her you could do that now and avoid any chance, but I, personally, would not want to wait too long and spay late in a pregnancy.
CometDog and Katsugsd like this.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Elite Member

You can wait about two weeks and it should be fairly obvious. A vet could tell you now, and if it is safe to spay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page