Might I have a singleton?
So, of course we are in the midst of a blizzard.
My 6.5 year old female is 63 days from breeding. She showed some signs of pregnancy but never gained weight or a belly. I decided she probably wasn't carrying, and for various reasons didn't get an ultrasound.
I figured she'd have pups or not.
So, tonight, I noticed I could express small droplets of milk (colostrum) from her nipples. And she didn't eat her breakfast and vomited this afternoon. She seems healthy otherwise. Maybe extra cuddly.
Worried about a singleton. Is this something I should insist on bringing her in tonight for emergency scan and possible ceasar? This is a really special dog and I desperately want these pup(s). If a pup died because I delayed I would be devastated- and of course my dog's health is critical.
I have talked to my vet, she said OK to wait until tomorrow. I have an appt then.
Just looking for collective wisdom of breeders on this forum. Also, I realize this could be false pregnancy, but it's not really looking that way to me, and she's never had one before.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.