2017 Litter Journal - Ironhide x Obelix - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
Oh my, that last picture: great confidence there. He caught it all himself. Look at that tail!
She is AMAZING - definitely my pick for a working/sport puppy. She is smart, cunning, persistent, tenacious and BUSY lol. Very engaged with everyone around her and seeks out people to engage with, even over her siblings. She was the first to escape the whelping box and the first to decide the tug had to "die" lol. She was actually thrashing it back and forth so hard she was making herself fall over when the handle would whip around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Crowned Member

Yep, you can read it in her eyes. I fall for these types. Not always easy but they make the best partners
IronhideKennels likes this.
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 01:49 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Wow, they look very developed and advanced for 3.5 weeks. Love how they so confidently look at the camera in the pictures. Signs of some great things to come, for sure!

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 10:24 PM
Elite Member

Great looking pups and some fantastic photos!
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

The last two weeks have absolutely flown by - so sorry there were no updates, I am not even sure what day of the week it is anymore. I just looked at the calendar and realized that everyone goes home in 2 days!

We did everything from Obedience (sit, down, stand, spin, target, focus), to grooming (Nails every week, bath day is tomorrow) and even some great agility imprinting with the tunnel, a frame and weave poles.

There are 9 VERY strong temperaments in this litter - each puppy has some amazing strengths and something that makes each unique. The hardest part, for me, about placing them, is hoping I have chosen right. I am always worried about that part the most - what would I do if someone did not like their puppy!?? I know it seems ridiculous, but I'm sure it can and has happened to other breeders lol.

I am so thankful to my friend and mentor for helping me go over the results of the temperament testing, and also for taking one of the puppies. Amp'd up is A LOT of girl dog - wholy smokes - so she will need a very special home to keep up with her. I would have LOVED to keep her, but without regular access to a club, or "real" work, I would be doing her a disservice.

I will reveal my "pick" next week - once everyone has gone home smiley for And when I say "pick" - I mean the puppy that didn't fit into anyone else's home LOL! Hellboy was kept back for the same reason and I don't regret it, not even for a day. So I'm hoping my "system" comes through for me again smiley for

I switch the puppies from raw to kibble 5 days before going home - they are NOT impressed. They eat because they are hungry, but they make it known that it is against their will. Thankfully all of the homes have plans to incorporate raw into their diets, so I'm sure they will find a happy medium. I caved last night and gave them lamb shanks for dinner. They picked the bones absolutely clean!

Ironhide was also separated from the litter about 3 days ago. She is also not impressed. She is such a great mom, but her fault is she can be a bit too much of a "helicopter" mom. She has not been having a very easy time with the separation, but in the past has gotten over it really quick once the puppies were no longer in the home. Fingers crossed she is the same this time smiley for

Sunday morning I will have to load up 3 adult Shepherds and 9 puppies for their drive to Alaska - I am only bringing the litter as far as Beaver Creek, where one of the new puppy owners is meeting me to bring these guys the rest of the way to their new families. I have to meet him there for 8am, which means leaving my house by 1am - I need to make sure I have time for potty breaks and leg stretches. Our crate training has been challenging, so I am hoping this "crash course" will drive home the concept of "the crate is for quiet" lol!

Here is the album of them from 3 weeks on and I will post a few of my best photos:
Ironhide X Obelix Puppies - 3 Weeks On by Ironhidekennels | Photobucket
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20988118_1631766010189167_3392231668812829979_o.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	441305  
Attached Images

post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 01:05 PM
Elite Member

Are they all going to homes in Alaska? They look fantastic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 01:08 PM
Crowned Member

Wow they have really grown. The are gorgeous and sound like they are ready to take on the world. Congratulations.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskeg View Post
Are they all going to homes in Alaska? They look fantastic.
7 of the 9 puppies are destined for Alaska - one will stay here with me and hopefully carry her mother's torch forward and one is going to my vet and her family.
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 10:25 PM
Elite Member

Happy to hear, those pups will have good lives. North to the Future!

post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 10:57 PM
Deb
Knighted Member

Beautiful puppies! Says some nice things when your vet wants one of your puppies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page