2017 Litter Journal - Ironhide x Obelix - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone I am still very tired, but the last two nights have been very restful. A couple more good nights and I should be caught back up. I am still off work to stay home with the puppies next week, there may be time for a photo shoot lol!

Puppies are steadily gaining and I've had to change their collars twice since their original ones. They are all between 1.5 and 2 lbs at just 5 days old!

Following delivery, and likely due to a few retained placentas, Ironhide began running a fever. 9am we were in the vet clinic getting some xrays to make sure no puppies were missing, and getting some antibiotics. The entire day she was restless and just not herself. I am friends with my vet, in fact she is taking a puppy from this litter, so I messaged her at 9:30pm to get her in. At the time Ironhide's temp had made a crazy jump from 103 to 104.6 despite having had 2 doses of antibiotics already, so I needed her to be seen ASAP. We both live less than 15 minutes from the clinic, so we were able to get her in quickly. We ran a slew of bloodwork and nothing looked concerning, except her fever. So the decision was made to give a single dose of Metacam. It definitely did the trick, within an hour her fever was down and by the next morning her temp was back to normal.

She is now doing great and is such a great mom! She is very different from her first litter - much more independent.

They are definitely a VERY spunky litter. Clipping nails yesterday was like wrangling baby Octopuses! I was definitely happy to have my litter theme narrowed down, just had to make sure it was "unique" too

Here they are - Ironhide Kennel's "Firework" litter

Red Rhino vom Ironhide - Female

Zombie Slayer vom Ironhide - Male

Hardcore Pyro vom Ironhide - Male

Show Time vom Ironhide - Female

Mad Ox vom Ironhide - Male

Widow Maker vom Ironhide - Male

Amp'd Up vom Ironhide - Female

Shogun vom Ironhide - Male

Boom Time vom Ironhide - Female
Deb likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 11:05 PM
Elite Member

Aww congratulations!!! Great names!!

I hope Ironhide starts to feel better soon!
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Deb
Knighted Member

Beautiful puppies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 10:44 AM
Crowned Member

Love the names. Glad Ironsides is feeling better. Beautiful litter.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Well everyone is a week old now and gaining like crazy!

Our smallest puppy (Zombie Slayer) is weighing in at 2 lbs 3 ounces, and our largest puppies (Widow Maker and Red Rhino) are tied at 2 lbs 8 ounces!

Ironhide eats around 6 lbs of raw a day just to keep up with their demand - sometimes a little more.

They all need their nails clipped again, it is the chore I dread the most. They are always flailing around and I am so scared I am going to take a toe off lol. But the more I do it, the more they get used to it and by the time they leave here, they will all lie nicely on their backs on a lap or set of legs to have their nails clipped... well that is the hope. There are a few puppies in this litter that might give me a run for my money smiley for

They still look like potatoes, but here are a few cute shots from today!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7650Edited.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	432298   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7646Edited.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	432306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7636Edited.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	432314   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7630Edited.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	432322   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7629Edited.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	432330  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7622Edited.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	432338   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7618Edited.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	432346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7616edited.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	432354   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7607Edited.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	432362  
post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 08:50 PM
Elite Member

Och man!! I'd love a black one!!
IronhideKennels likes this.
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Well - the little hellions are now almost 3 weeks and acting like they are ready to take over the world. They are being moved to a much bigger area this week - which means I can go back to sleeping in my bed lol. With them escaping much earlier than I planned for, I had to sleep near to the room so I could put puppies back that escaped their whelping box throughout the night.

They are walking everywhere, wrestling each other, and chasing us around their box HAHA!

They had their first excursion outside yesterday and they absolutely loved it! They thought the grass was amazing and really enjoyed having room to explore.

They also had their first meal - raw beef! It went over very, very well. They were so content afterwards. I usually wait until at least 3 weeks to start them on food, but Ironhide's litters are always ready early. They likely could have started a few days earlier to be honest. They will now get raw beef "soup" twice a day - once everyone is adjusted, we will slowly start adding variety to their diets.
Attached Images

post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 06:57 PM
Master Member

Oh my word so much cute! They sound like an great bunch of pups
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

So by 3 weeks they were running around, biting pants, playing with tug toys - basically everything my 4 - 4.5 week old puppies are doing.

Their teeth are almost fully in, and the light blue collar girl has a bite so amazing, it actually already hurts!! Freaking amazing! She is definitely my "pick" working/sport puppy thus far - she is the furthest advanced of the puppies.

We had a great weekend full of FOOD, FUN and new FRIENDS - they are eating about 1.5 lbs a day between the 9 of them. They have had beef, horse, beef tripe and goat so far. Next will be duck and lamb.

I am thinking we will start some luring exercises this week, as they seem so eager to do anything lol - so we will start with the "alphabet" exercises. I will get some videos to post.

Here they are at 3.5 weeks!
Attached Images

Daisy&Lucky's Mom likes this.
post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 12:44 PM
Crowned Member

Oh my, that last picture: great confidence there. He caught it all himself. Look at that tail!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page