Stellar my passion - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Stellar my passion

Hi everyone. A friend of mine was living in germany brought with him a gsd female who got pregnant from a local gsd male. 4 days ago she died reasons are unknown or at least thats what my friend told me. So I adopted one of them a 5 weeks old puppy called her Stellar. Now am strugling to keep her clean and healthy. Cleaning is the easy part but feeding her is so hard and she is so moody. She is too young she should be drinking her mothers milk so am trying my best. Today she ate a cooked egg not fried with oil she even ate the egg shell she refuse cow milk barely drink it. Oh i wrote a lot sorry. Maybe wrong section too ? Any advice plz thnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 05:41 PM
Elite Member

First the puppies should not have been removed from each other at this age.. Even without mom to help guide them, social development among littermates is a huge part of learning social etiquette.. She is also old enough to be eating solids, although each bitch determines how quickly she wears the pups.. I would get the pup checked out by vet and make sure no other health issues are present besides being abandoned...
Stellar likes this.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 08:16 PM
Crowned Member

Cows milk is not good for puppies, and she can be totally weaned at this point. If you must give milk, give goats milk, and you should get it from a farmer, rather than in the store.

Eggs are good You can put a little salt in them and nuke them in a a little bowl if you do not want to feed them raw (messy). Then you aren't adding any oil. You can also hard-boil them, and give her one twice a day, broken up over her kibble.

She is not moody. She is a baby who is not ready to be on her own. Lots of pups have trouble eating without the competition of the litter. Some get depressed on their own. If you have another dog, it does make it easier, but don't get a dog for your pup. You have to be mom and littermates for her. This means, playing with her, keeping her safe, providing safe things to chew on, keeping her clean, and giving her lots of company. You might want sleep in the same room with her, have little x-pens in rooms where you spend the majority of your time and have toys in there for her. This way you can be with her, without being 100 percent attention all the time.

She should be sleeping a lot. No walks -- she is just not protected by vaccines or anything, and she is too small to do forced marches. Just keep her in your home, and work on potty training in the back yard. Let her determine exercise. Be very easy on steps at this point.
Mudypoz, LBethO and Stellar like this.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

thanks all, am soooo tired ,totally exausted ! she always cry and want to get out to the backyard but seeing her running to me waving her little tail and sometimes climbing and biting me a little bit bring me joy, it makes my day .. I think ill give my friend a call and get her back to the littermates i saw her playing with them last time , i feel so bad for her as her mom died and i thought i could help, than at least she will have some friends to play with all day long.
For the vaccines i took her yesterday to a vet he told me to start vaccines at 8 weeks is better and she is in a good health.
so when i can get her back? at 8 weeks?
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 09:15 AM
Elite Member

Yes, most breeders consider 8 weeks the ideal age for puppies to go to their new homes.

I agree that she really needs her littermates right now to ensure proper development.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

hello again.

sadly my friend gaved all the puppies to different people most of them have other dogs as he told me and they are used to have a dog not like me as this is my first time

goats milk is like magic she left her bowl empty even i added some more she drinks it to the last drop, but how much to feed? amount of milk.

kibble is still hard for her as i think just bought an italian brand called maxime , she likes it and keep trying to eat keeps chewing sometimes she eat it sometimes it drops from her mouth.

the vet told me to bring her next week to start vaccination he names some but all i remember is parvo vaccine and other i cant remember.

I am on my own now and feeling terrified for the responsability.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Elite Member

Parvo only right now if the vet insists (due to outbreaks in your area or high probability) 5wks is too young to be getting broad spectrum vaccines ... Soak the kibble in the goats milk to soften it.. Hang in there, it will be difficult for awhile and socialization to other dogs a the appropriate time and way will be essential, as well as exposure elsewhere in time.. But pups have been raised from birth and turned out well so hang in there and start reading everything you can..
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 10:53 AM
Crowned Member

So glad she likes the Goat's Milk! Here is information about it:
Answers Raw Pet Food Company: ADDITIONAL - Raw Goat's Milk

Can you list the site of the dog food you are using so that we can see the ingredients?

You can add purified water and/or the goats milk to the food and let it set to soften. If any remains place in refrigerator until next meal.

Are you in the U.S.? If not where are you located?

Pups should not be given a "vaccination cocktail" that contain multiples.
Here is the vaccination schedule by vaccination researcher Dr. Jean Dodds

2016 Vaccination Protocol:
9 - 10 weeks of age

Distemper + Parvovirus, MLV
e.g. Merck Nobivac (Intervet Progard) Puppy DPV

14 – 15 weeks of age

18 weeks of age
Parvovirus only, MLV

Note: New research states that last puppy parvovirus vaccine should be at 18 weeks old.

20 weeks or older, if allowable by law
Rabies – give 3-4 weeks apart from other vaccines

1 year old
This is an optional booster or titer. If the client intends not to booster after this optional booster or intends to retest titers in another three years, this optional booster at puberty is wise.

1 year old

Dogs should be tittered each year BEFORE a vaccination is given. If titer is sufficient for such as Parvo or Distemper, a vaccination should not be given.

Moms

Last edited by Momto2GSDs; 04-13-2017 at 10:55 AM.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hineni7 View Post
Parvo only right now if the vet insists (due to outbreaks in your area or high probability) 5wks is too young to be getting broad spectrum vaccines ... Soak the kibble in the goats milk to soften it.. Hang in there, it will be difficult for awhile and socialization to other dogs a the appropriate time and way will be essential, as well as exposure elsewhere in time.. But pups have been raised from birth and turned out well so hang in there and start reading everything you can..

about vaccination he gaved the schedule orally and asked me to go back when she is 8 weeks old for parvo than other dates and vaccinations.
about socialization is it necessairy that she have to meet other dogs?
am reading everything about gsd.
thnx for giving me advice i appreciate this a lot
happy to be here
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2GSDs View Post
So glad she likes the Goat's Milk! Here is information about it:
Answers Raw Pet Food Company: ADDITIONAL - Raw Goat's Milk

Can you list the site of the dog food you are using so that we can see the ingredients?

You can add purified water and/or the goats milk to the food and let it set to soften. If any remains place in refrigerator until next meal.

Are you in the U.S.? If not where are you located?

Pups should not be given a "vaccination cocktail" that contain multiples.
Here is the vaccination schedule by vaccination researcher Dr. Jean Dodds

2016 Vaccination Protocol:
9 - 10 weeks of age

e.g. Merck Nobivac (Intervet Progard) Puppy DPV

14 – 15 weeks of age

18 weeks of age
Parvovirus only, MLV

Note: New research states that last puppy parvovirus vaccine should be at 18 weeks old.

20 weeks or older, if allowable by law

1 year old
This is an optional booster or titer. If the client intends not to booster after this optional booster or intends to retest titers in another three years, this optional booster at puberty is wise.

1 year old

Dogs should be tittered each year BEFORE a vaccination is given. If titer is sufficient for such as Parvo or Distemper, a vaccination should not be given.

Moms
thank you very much for all these informations.
this is the dog food company HOMEPAGE - R.S. COMPANY Dog & Cat Food

since italy is near my country Tunisia all products comes from it.
there is also royal canine the shop owner told me to buy a test bag before buying a big bag of 4 kg.
also i bought canned food wich is sauce doesnt have meat balls .
i wish am doing my best for her and wish she loves me as i do

her name is stellar because she is more than a star
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page