T17 Working Dogs "A" Litter - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 160Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Crowned Member

I like to see well bred litters announced. I enjoy following progress of the pups as well.
There are a few breeders on here that never really share anything with what they are breeding, keep their kennel name a secret.
Transparency is what I'd rather see, it means the breeder is proud of what they are producing.
Bramble, Moriah, Augustine and 1 others like this.

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 07:31 PM
Crowned Member

They are adorable. Looking forward to all the cuteness and beauty that is coming.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #33 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Master Member

Great looking pups and congrats on the litter! I love hearing about Kimber on here she is a very special dog, I bet her pups will be amazing. Keep the puppy pics coming

Shasta "Pasta" von Rottenmouth 2/1/2000
Naughty "Copper" von Wolfstraum 11/12/15 BH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 02:04 AM
Elite Member

Congrats Jeremy

Just an fyi on Bio Sensor. Not sure if you plan to do it but I did it with my litter as well as noise desensitization from 4 weeks on. Gun, power tools, water, cracking whip, yelling etc. Even had the litter eat around the lawnmower revving a couple times.
Was super happy with the resulting environmentals and nerves on the pups. Assuredly genetics played a role but I truly believe nurture is essential.
Probably pushed it farther then most would what with the intensity of what I did but cant argue with the results.

Bastian the Beast

post #35 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 03:05 AM

[QUOTE=mycobraracr;8218426] I post videos and pictures of all my dogs. I do it for various reasons. Mostly, because for those who don't know me, I'm just another username. I feel by actually posting videos it helps validate me for when I give advice. People who don't know me and haven't seen my dogs in person can see first hand what my training and now genetics will produce. Agree or not at least you can see where I'm coming from.

This! Especially for someone new to this forum. I really appreciate reading sound advice from not just a random username, but from someone whom I can tell is thoroughly experienced and knowledgable about the breed...the reason I joined this forum in the first place

Congratulations on your litter! I look forward to following the progress of your beautiful girls.
post #36 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg1 View Post
Congrats Jeremy

Just an fyi on Bio Sensor. Not sure if you plan to do it but I did it with my litter as well as noise desensitization from 4 weeks on. Gun, power tools, water, cracking whip, yelling etc. Even had the litter eat around the lawnmower revving a couple times.
Was super happy with the resulting environmentals and nerves on the pups. Assuredly genetics played a role but I truly believe nurture is essential.
Probably pushed it farther then most would what with the intensity of what I did but cant argue with the results.

Thanks for the info! I plan on doing some. I have some sound tracks and different things in place already. I'm trying to get my rest now, once these girls hit 3.5-4 weeks old, I'm going to be very busy. I definitely think genetics have the biggest role, but I figure the more I do the better chance they have. Luckily I've got Kimber who's sound in every situation. So they can follow her lead. That's why my obstacle course was built big enough for Kimber.
Blitzkrieg1 likes this.

T17 Working Dogs-

post #37 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 08:34 AM
Crowned Member

Jeremy, as Carmen alluded to, I find you to be the type of GS owner that is the hope and future for this noble breed. You are humble, willing to be mentored, willing to learn, experience, perform the necessary requisites to have an intimate knowledge of this breed. It has been so satisfying to see your growth and development in the breed and to know that folks like you are in the pipeline willing to make the sacrifices necessary to maintain this breed a wonderful versatile working breed. If I wasn't in my twilight years, you are the type of breeder that would be on my short list of breeders I would get a pup from unseen, and send someone to. I wish you the very best for this breeding.
Cliff
post #38 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 09:12 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffson1 View Post
Jeremy, as Carmen alluded to, I find you to be the type of GS owner that is the hope and future for this noble breed. You are humble, willing to be mentored, willing to learn, experience, perform the necessary requisites to have an intimate knowledge of this breed. It has been so satisfying to see your growth and development in the breed and to know that folks like you are in the pipeline willing to make the sacrifices necessary to maintain this breed a wonderful versatile working breed. If I wasn't in my twilight years, you are the type of breeder that would be on my short list of breeders I would get a pup from unseen, and send someone to. I wish you the very best for this breeding.
Cliff
Don't have a 'like' option on the phone app I'm using but...

LIKE and agree with this post!!

Wish you and your wife all the success in the world!
post #39 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks everyone! Cliff, I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate your words, guidance and support.
misfits likes this.

T17 Working Dogs-

post #40 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 11:47 PM
Master Member

I am so excited to see these little guys grow! So much potential!! ^_^

Dakonic German Shepherds

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page