T17 Working Dogs "A" Litter - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 160Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 11:40 AM
Elite Member

Yes I understand that. I guess you're eager to register the puppies with AKC.

Congrats on your litter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Knighted Member

Hi and congratulations Jeremy. I rarely stop by here anymore but had to check in for this. You and I like the same charecteristics in the breed and if I were in the market would grab up one of those puppies if you would let me.
post #23 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Elite Member

Congrats, on the litter, but just curious.

I've seen a few litters on here supposedly posted just for fun, to show puppy pictures. But there is a link to the breeder's website under the signature, and this forum is excellent for marketing, a very targeted audience. A marketers dream, really.

I think one breeder sold quite a few of her pups to forum members, using a similar "look at this amazing litter", strategy, and also having posted videos of the parents working, training, being pretty, etc.

Seems a bit tricky, to me, treading the line between free advertisement and just-for-fun puppy photos.

I get why the OP is doing it, and I don't see anything really wrong with it, personally, but, it does seem to cross the advertising line, to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Knighted Member

Jeremy doesn't need the advertising. He is heavily involved in various bite sports nd knows enough people he will have a waiting list without this forum.
post #25 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Master Member

I love it when breeders share pictures of their litters on here. Usually I've seen threads about their dogs, training and competing, so it is rather neat when they share news about a litter. I get where is could seem like advertising in a way, but it doesn't happen that often. I hope the breeders on here are allowed to continue sharing the happy news about their litters if they so choose.
Augustine and JessicaR like this.
post #26 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Elite Member

It can be hard to find appropriate buyers for a first working litter.

But I have no idea of the OPs situation, and for all I know, the pups are already spoken for.
post #27 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdland View Post
Yes I understand that. I guess you're eager to register the puppies with AKC.

Congrats on your litter

Not that I'm eager, I just won't know who's getting what puppy until they leave. I've never met anyone who's had a problem with it. Some people have suggested "A" names, but at the end of the day are going to call their dog something starting with a different letter. So they don't care. I like to get to know my dogs for a while before I name them. So the registered name is irrelevant. Until they leave my place, I'm just referring to them by their color. Not a name, so they won't know it.
Cschmidt88 likes this.

T17 Working Dogs-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #28 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskeg View Post
Congrats, on the litter, but just curious.

I've seen a few litters on here supposedly posted just for fun, to show puppy pictures. But there is a link to the breeder's website under the signature, and this forum is excellent for marketing, a very targeted audience. A marketers dream, really.

I think one breeder sold quite a few of her pups to forum members, using a similar "look at this amazing litter", strategy, and also having posted videos of the parents working, training, being pretty, etc.

Seems a bit tricky, to me, treading the line between free advertisement and just-for-fun puppy photos.

I get why the OP is doing it, and I don't see anything really wrong with it, personally, but, it does seem to cross the advertising line, to me.

I actually agree with you, it is flirting with the line. I'm just posting pictures like I do of all my pups. This litter I will begin working before they go home. Yup! I will post videos of that as well. To show some progression. I speak to many people on here in person. We've met a lot at the various venues we go to, weather it be SDA, IPO, PSA, dock diving, agility, fly ball, KNPV, LE trials or different Ring Sport events. I post videos and pictures of all my dogs. I do it for various reasons. Mostly, because for those who don't know me, I'm just another username. I feel by actually posting videos it helps validate me for when I give advice. People who don't know me and haven't seen my dogs in person can see first hand what my training and now genetics will produce. Agree or not at least you can see where I'm coming from.

Thanks for all the support guys.
Cschmidt88, Bramble, alexg and 2 others like this.

T17 Working Dogs-

post #29 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycobraracr View Post
I actually agree with you, it is flirting with the line. I'm just posting pictures like I do of all my pups. This litter I will begin working before they go home. Yup! I will post videos of that as well. To show some progression. I speak to many people on here in person. We've met a lot at the various venues we go to, weather it be SDA, IPO, PSA, dock diving, agility, fly ball, KNPV, LE trials or different Ring Sport events. I post videos and pictures of all my dogs. I do it for various reasons. Mostly, because for those who don't know me, I'm just another username. I feel by actually posting videos it helps validate me for when I give advice. People who don't know me and haven't seen my dogs in person can see first hand what my training and now genetics will produce. Agree or not at least you can see where I'm coming from.

Thanks for all the support guys.
It has certainly helped me. The advice you give is great and your dogs look highly capable and correct based on what I have learned from the forum and what others have said. Almost to the point where I think I am going to talk to you when I am ready for my next one, which will be many years from now lol.
carmspack likes this.
post #30 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Crowned Member

it helps validate me for when I give advice. People who don't know me and haven't seen my dogs in person can see first hand what my training and now genetics will produce. Agree or not at least you can see where I'm coming from.

so said mycobraracr

Exactly ! mycobra is no pop-up-shop .
He has been around for a long time, been helpful , shared his experience and given sound advice . We need some breaths of fresh air around here sometimes.

I think there are some good opportunities to learn something from this litter.
We can discuss the pedigree. Follow the development of the pups who will experience good socialization.
We can analyse how close the predictions for the pups are ti tge eventual outcome months and years down the road.

Personally , I look forward to it.

Carmen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page