T17 Working Dogs "A" Litter - Page 19 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 160Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpump View Post
What do you see out of your puppies as they are getting older? High prey? High defense? Better sport or better le, or both?
How much natural aggression do you see? To people? What do you expect from them with other dogs?
Biddibilty? Hardness? Being your first litter, who are they more similar to?
What do you expect to be genetic and what do you expect to be trained behavior?
Just curious as I learn.

They are still very young to truly see how some of these drives are going to develop. None are what I would call super high drive. None are over the top. They are all showing strong food and hunt drive. They have very good prey drive so far and are too young to know about defense. For the most part, they are very balanced with strong nerves and nice off switches. The genetics are there for a trainer to be able to take in any direction they want. So I believe they could do well in sport or real work. The ones in my group, I have pushed a little, and am liking the aggression they are bringing for this age.
In my selection process for a stud, I was searching for one who is similar to Kimber. Similar in temperament and such but who could pick up on places that I would like to improve on Kimber with. So deciding who they are more like is difficult. For the most part, I can see traits of both parents in there. I can obviously call out the traits I see from Kimber easier, as I know Kimber like the back of my hand. The looks, the body posturing, the sounds and barks. So far I'm really liking this litter. I truly hope all of litters come out this strong. These puppies are just easy.

Oh, and so far they've been great with other dogs. If you follow my fb page, you can see some videos of them with other dogs. Ones who went to other homes and so on.
carmspack and Sabis mom like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 11:56 AM
Elite Member

Too early to ask what's next?
post #183 of 186 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpump View Post
Too early to ask what's next?

As far as breeding? I'm currently searching for our next stud. A few I'm watching and researching, but nothing set in stone yet. I'm competing in nationals with Kimber in may and will hopefully have a couple PSA titles on her by the end of the year. So we won't do much until then. I also want to get some age on these girls and see if there is anything I want to change, or if I want to stay along the same lines. So as of now, just lots and lots of research. We spent over a year before we dicided on Ace. We had to have looked at him five or six times before we were certain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

The results are starting to roll in from our "A" litter. Anna vom T17's are the first official results to come in. A couple others have been sent in and look good to me, but waiting on official scores for those. Huge congrats to Anna (Sixx) and her family. Happy breeder moment.
48389082_1146757498825410_5064605953471545344_n by Jeremy Friedman, on Flickr
lhczth, Bramble, Sabis mom and 4 others like this.

T17 Working Dogs-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #185 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 10:16 PM
Crowned Member

You must be, and should be, so proud. You had an ideal and are proving it attainable.
post #186 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I am beyond proud. I'm so happy and excited to this all come together.
Sabis mom likes this.

T17 Working Dogs-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page