Waiting for a call back- input?
This is my one and only litter. My mother breed GS for 10 years and is also a Vet tech for more 30. But of course neither her or our vet answered the phone. Left messages.
Today is day 57. Her temperature is all over the map over the last week. We have had temps in the high 98 and the high 99. I am beginning to wonder if my thermometer is off- but I am not testing that theory.
Over the last few weeks she has been hiding under the deck. So, two days ago we boarded it up so she can't go underneath the deck. She was fine with this new development. However this morning with the highest temp reading yet at 99.9. she is trying to digs at the deck. Gives up and lays back down. Every 10- 30 minutes she tries again. I am out here with her.
We built her a whelping box 2 weeks ago and last night I decided I was going to set up shop next to the box because she has been disinterested in the box. So here we are sleeping next to her box.
1. some nesting.
2. still eating
4. had clear discharge for a 6 days. Vet said normal.
3. temp at 99.9 (highest this week)
4. sleeping between digging at the deck.
5. Puppies moving like crazy (xray showed at least 7)
6. some pacing but not frantic.
7. no shivering or abnormal panting
8. EDIT: Milk dripped on hardwood 2 days ago- Not since.
Waiting to hear from my mom and vet. Let a message for both.
How long do they nest? Is this even nesting behavior?
Last edited by Lettchen; 06-08-2015 at 10:26 AM.