Unwanted Pregnancy - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Unwanted Pregnancy

Hello,

I have 14 months old German Shepherd. I had to leave her in my friends nursery due to travel reason. Gardener of the nursery, breeded my GSD and Pitbull. I was about to kill him when I learned it.

What is the best way? Spaying or using hormone pills?

I love my dog but I don't want Shepherd Pit babies.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 04:50 AM
Crowned Member

If she isn't too far along you can do a spay/abort.
Sorry this happened, it's really not a good idea to leave your dog with someone you wouldn't trust with your bank account. That's why I don't leave mine. Get her spayed and move on. I hope you learned your lesson. Best of luck to you both.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 05:26 AM
Elite Member

If she is not very far along, most vets will do a spay/abort. It will be healthier for the mother rather than having puppies so young.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Crowned Member

You can spay terminate - find a vet that you can trust and talk to them about doing that procedure. I am sorry about your girl - she did not have a good vacation. I think this procedure can be done at any time, but sooner is better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

You are absolutely right. I can not forgive myself for this incident. I think I will spay her. And never forget about it.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:07 AM

So sorry this happened. I'd be very tempted to take the pit to the vet for a procedure, too!

I can't believe someone thought it was okay to do that to another person's dog.

Last edited by Pawsed; 12-03-2014 at 09:12 AM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

This gardener is worse than a creature, although he looks like a human. Words are not enough to express my feelings towards this man. He looked me in the eye and said Sir, I thought you would be happy, we can sell puppies and you can make extra money. And, I said how come you thought I would want that, are you normal? And he continued, don't worry we can still sell puppies. I turned to my friend and said please take this stupid moron out of my face, otherwise I will breed him with pitbull (excuse my language).
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoras75 View Post
This gardener is worse than a creature, although he looks like a human. Words are not enough to express my feelings towards this man. He looked me in the eye and said Sir, I thought you would be happy, we can sell puppies and you can make extra money. And, I said how come you thought I would want that, are you normal? And he continued, don't worry we can still sell puppies. I turned to my friend and said please take this stupid moron out of my face, otherwise I will breed him with pitbull (excuse my language).
Yeah....can't argue with that.

SuperG
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:36 AM

I'll never stop being amazed at the attitudes of some people.

Does he still have his job? I couldn't have someone with that little respect for other people working for me. I'd be worried about other things he might do.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Sorry, I forgot to mention. He was fired. But, at the end he gave me and my family and most importantly our lovely Bella nightmares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page