Trinity had 11 pups Thanksgiving day!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Trinity had 11 pups Thanksgiving day!!

Ive been planning this pregnancy for a year & the time has arrived!
My vet ultra sounded Trinity in October & told us they saw 4 pups. So that's how many I sold. Thanksgiving morning at 5am she went into labor, had 4, then 4 more, then 3 more!! Yea to say we were shocked is an understatement!!! They are all beautiful amazing babies. 5 girls & 6 boys all healthy & huge except the runt. They weighed 1.4 pounds to 1.16 pounds except "Tiny Tim" he only weighed .82 ounce. He has gained & is almost 9 ounces now even though the rest are close to 2lbs!

*** Removed by ADMIN ***

This is my first litter, & possibly my only one as this was much harder on me & my husband then the dog. We felt horrible watching her go thru this, so I don't think I am meant for this. Although the puppies have stolen my heart & there is nothing better then puppy breath!!

I am rotating the pups to give Tiny Tim a chance to live. I have him with 3 other smaller ones. I rotate them every 1 1/2 with mom 24hrs a day & night. I'm exhausted but till he can fight the others, I'm not giving up on him. I have a heated basket I rotate them to. It seems to be working out, its day 4 & everyone is still gaining weight. They are so beautiful!!!!

*** Removed by ADMIN ***

Its going to be mass chaos in my home in a couple weeks. We built the whelping box in my bedroom, we thought there was only going to be 4. This is going to be interesting to say the least!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trin day 2.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	258001   Click image for larger version

Name:	cutie day4.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	258009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pups day 1.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	258017   Click image for larger version

Name:	1st pup selfie.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	258025  

Last edited by Castlemaid; 12-02-2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: No selling of pups on this board as per board rules. Please stick to the breeding/whelping discussion only.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 03:22 AM
Elite Member

Beautiful
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 06:01 AM

wow, your mom looks exhausted. What a family! I hope you have no trouble finding good folks to snap up the other pups.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 06:55 AM

*** Removed by ADMIN - please contact poster directly ***

Last edited by Castlemaid; 12-02-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Please refer to board rules.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Crowned Member

That is so nice! Ahh, puppy breath, don't you just want to bottle it!! As for Tiny Tim, my boy too was the runt, the breeder gave him extra bottles at night.. At 4-1/2 months he was 55 lbs... Enjoy!!

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 08:48 AM

*** Removed by ADMIN ***

Funny! Very cute pups, and I cannot imagine have ELEVEN of them. Holy cow!

Last edited by Castlemaid; 12-02-2014 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Original had been heavily edited.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 09:09 AM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Just a reminder to everyone that as per board rules (that you all have read when you joined up, right?), there is no advertising or selling, or soliciting or buying of puppies on the board. I have edited a few posts to remove comments in that vein.

Feel free to discuss the breeding/whelping/puppy raising experience, and puppy pics are a must!!!

ADMIN

Lucia

2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Master Member

Wow! What beautiful babies! And both of the parents are absolutely gorgeous I really love black and reds.
11 pups jeesh you've got your hands full! Full of cuteness that is
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Crowned Member

OMG, you must have been in shock. How could the vet have missed 7 pups!
I raised a litter once for the shelter. She had 10. I weighed each pup every morning and the ones who hadn't gained enough weight I let them nurse first (kept a log) and rotated the two groups like that the entire day (didn't use formula) until the vet gave me the OK to start feeding solids at 3 weeks. Puppy canned food, mixed with puppy formula; 1 tbsp three times a day for each individual pup. I was exhausted and the mess was horrendous but it was so incredible sweet. They all made it without any runt.
Enjoy them while they are home with you. Like our own kids, they are grown before you know it.

Last edited by wolfy dog; 12-02-2014 at 11:14 AM.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Master Member

beautiful babies!! congrats!

"And they call it...puppy looooovvveeee"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page