German Shepherds Forum banner

Help with pregnant dog

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  truff 
#1 ·
Hello,

My dog is pregnat, it´s been a month since we mated her and until this moment everything was ok. Now we have the following issue, the last 4 days she began to avoid her food and begin to eat very little.
Is this normal?, we have try by adding some tasty tricks mixed with the food but she manage to eat only the tricks and yesterday night and today she hasn´t eat anything.
If she weren´t pregnant i´d wait until she was very hungry and began to eat but maybe doing that now could be dangerous for the health of the puppies.

Anyone has had the same problem?

Thanks in advance for your help

#3 ·
It's a little soon for her to stop eating. Not uncommon for their appetite to decrease the week before delivery. Have you asked your vet?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Thanks, that was the next step, but before that i wanted to ask here just in case it was something normal.
The thing is that in the park she wants to run, jump, play with the ball...once at home she layed very tired. I think this is normal but avoid the food is diferent.
I think i will follow your advice taking her to the vet

#6 ·
Yes, it is normal at this stage for them to have some nausea - my Shepherd only had it for a few days and was back to normal. My Pom had it for 10 days and seriously barely moved and wouldn't eat a thing!!

Both delivered perfectly healthy litters 5 & 4 weeks ago - 7 for the Shepherd and 4 for the Pom! Please keep us updated!

#19 ·
Great photo :wub:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.