Raising a 2 2 week old puppies help - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Talking Raising a 2 2 week old puppies help

How should I raise a 2 week old puppy?
They are being fed Goats milk right now. But is there anything that would be better?
The lady told us empty soda bottles filled with warm water in there crater will make them relaxed. And Years ago I think I recall reading a dog book saying something about them old ticking wind up alarm clocks are good to use under a blanket because they think its there mothers heart beat.

Does anyone have any other information to share with us that will better the health of the puppies? or even links to sites that will help guide us?

Any information is Good Information. THank yall

The pups are from a Vet lady friend. The vet had the mother dog brought in because the owners were *^$&*$% people. The mother had given birth to 5 pups, #6 got stuck and #7 was not able to come out because of #6. The vet took her in on his own. removed the dead pups, fixed the mother and soon after. She passed away. SO to give them the best life they could have. Our lady friend took the pups into her home. Even though she cant have dogs in her house(landlord). So she asked and I could never say no. And my wife was all googley eyed at how small and bottle feeding they were. This is a long story short. But its what we have to do to help. Ill add pictures later on tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 05:49 PM
The "I'm not dead yet" Administrator.

Get puppy milk replacer. Not goats milk.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

"So that others may live"

Hannah vom Steffenhaus, BH, Wilderness SAR
Eisenhower v.d Polizei "Ike" Wilderness SAR, CGC
B'Lena z. Treuenhanden
Nixon vom Banach, RATN
Phoster, FEMA USAR(Labrador)
Ch. Pennywise Sticky Wicket(Dandie Dinmont Terrier)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdsar View Post
Get puppy milk replacer. Not goats milk.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
How should I transition them from Goats milk to puppy formula? And would the Formula offer more then the goats milk?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

*** Oversized pic removed by ADMIN - Max size allowed 800X 600 ***

Last edited by Castlemaid; 05-06-2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Oversized picture.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Crowned Member

I agree with puppy milk replacer. And, baby rice cereal. In another week you can start transitioning them to a good quality puppy food and milk-replacer.

Keep them warm, and be carful they don't suck on each other too much -- in that respect the bottle feeding is probably helpful. Do you still have to stimulate them to get them to urinate and deficate, or they doing that on their own?

It's a big job. Lots of feedings. And I would definitely have a kitchen scale to weigh them on, so I could follow the weights.

What happened to the other three live pups?

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 12:03 AM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

There is a picture size limit of 800 X 600 on the forum. Can you resize and repost?

I also moved the thread to the breeding/raising a litter section as you will be needing the advice of experienced breeders for these pups.

Good luck!

ADMIN

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Crowned Member

Actually, goats milk (fresh - not processed) is as close to the bitches milk as you can get. I use it if I have to bottle feed or supplement any of my Crested puppies and I use it when I transition them to whole foods.

Offer them food every 2-3 hours, wipe their anus and penis/vagina with a soft cloth dipped in warm water to stimulate them to go potty (mom uses her tongue). Keep the area where they are around 80 degrees (they can't regulate their body temperature yet).

I transition my pups to whole foods at 4 weeks of age.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

both girl pups, the one in the far back looks as if she has no fur on one of her toes. The hair looks real short or thin. The story of there mom is so bad. I cant help but to hate the people that owned the mom before. UNREAL!

ws.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ws.jpg
Views:	6481
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	66026   Click image for larger version

Name:	WS_RETNOTR__70360.1334179597.1000.1000.jpg
Views:	953
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	66034  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaid View Post
There is a picture size limit of 800 X 600 on the forum. Can you resize and repost?

I also moved the thread to the breeding/raising a litter section as you will be needing the advice of experienced breeders for these pups.

Good luck!

ADMIN
Oh wow, Thanks. I did not see that link. So I just figured "general" was a safe place. But you are right. Thank you. As for the picture, Im sorry about that. I thought it was beter for your hosting service if the pics were linked to my photobucket. Vs. using up your servers space. Sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page