Looking for retired breeder - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Looking for retired breeder

We are looking for preferably a retired breeding female, but would take the right male. My mother lost her dog a couple months ago and is ready to get another companion. The back story for having an older dog is because my mom is in her early 70's and is having moderate health issues, and doesn't want to go through the puppy phase. My mom is single and is looking for a great, well mannered, and lower drive dog that will be treated like a true member of the family. Finding a dog that is titled is not a must, but we'd like the dog to be moderately trained, able to get along with other dogs, (male & female) and be great around kids. I have talked with Chris Wild and Cliff Anderson, and they're keeping their ears open, but I figured I would post this up and hit more folks. We are located in South Carolina and wouldn't mind traveling for the right companion. We are also not interested in breaking the bank for this dog, but wouldn't mind paying for the right dog.

If anyone knows of anything please let me know.

Thanks, Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Elite Member

I think this is a great idea, I have done this and get great dogs, don't limit yourself to retired breeders, I adopted a return when the owner returned her to the breeder when the owner was in end stages cancer. Lots of breeders take back dogs and they are often well trained and returned through no problem of their own. Good luck
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

I am not limiting to a retired breeder. I am mainly looking for an older GSD with lower drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Elite Member

This is a GREAT idea! I wish more people would consider this. If you're thinking an older dog, have you also considered a German Shepherd rescue?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Adventures and Dog Product Reviews-
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Crowned Member

Have you looked in the rescues? There are several in your area. SGSR, VGSR, Noble

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page