Temptation, Temptation - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Temptation, Temptation

Oh boy... to be honest, I could start a waiting list for people that would take Puppies from Indra & Yukon, even though he is not titled.
And those are not pet-homes. Those would be working-homes with a real job. To be specific SAR -Homes.

Now I am wondering, if I did that. Despite him not being titled, and his pups would actually go into working homes... would I still be an irresponsible BYB?

Both come from great working lines. Both have the drive and what it takes. Indra is in training and will be certified and I have no doubt about that. I am completely hooked on SAR.
And with those people that are honestly interested it gets more and more tempting to actually do it.

So I am debating whether or not to get her spayed, whether or not to breed them two. Now if she has bad hips (Yukon has excellent hips and ellbows by the way) that would make it very easy. I'd actually get her spayed right there at the vet and wouldn't wait for the OFA evaluation.

Now that is something I can see myself actually doing...

So, what would you call it if those pups go into working home but the male wasn't titled at all and all he has is health clearance?

Ps: in the end I always do the right thing, whatever the right thing is. I know I tend to over-debate-discuss things... i like getting lots and lots of opinions to see it from every possible perspective.

Last edited by Mrs.K; 02-08-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Crowned Member

I would wait at mimimum until they are both certified SAR dogs and have a BH and maybe a CD or something.

And also consider who is asking for you....I'm assuming people from your team?

J, mom to:
- Elsa - "Da Pookins"
- Medo - "The Beast From The East"
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDElsa View Post
I would wait at mimimum until they are both certified SAR dogs and have a BH and maybe a CD or something.

And also consider who is asking for you....I'm assuming people from your team?
Well, Yukon is too old for SAR. He's six years old. I actually discussed that with one of my team-members already but he is not too old for other titles.

IF I do it, I would wait until she is at least two and a half or three years old. By then she should already be certified and we will have the OFA evaluation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Crowned Member

You could title him in some other working avenue.

Also, are you sure they would be a good match for each other or do you just like the simplicity of having a stud and bitch in the same place?

Also think abou if you'd really want to be selling the people interested in them a dog...if you know what I mean.

J, mom to:
- Elsa - "Da Pookins"
- Medo - "The Beast From The East"
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDElsa View Post
You could title him in some other working avenue.

Also, are you sure they would be a good match for each other or do you just like the simplicity of having a stud and bitch in the same place?

Also think abou if you'd really want to be selling the people interested in them a dog...if you know what I mean.
From the lines, they'd be a great match. My dad looked into Indras Pedigree and he already said that he would be very interested in seeing pups out of both of them.

The linebreeding would be to Gildo. It would be fourth and fifth Generation
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...omBrenfang.jpg
http://www.working-dog.eu/dogs-detai...vom-Sattelberg

It's definitely not because it's convenient to have a sire and a female at home
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

This is what the pedigree would look like

Last edited by Mrs.K; 02-08-2011 at 07:30 PM.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Crowned Member

what about doing some AKC titles on Yukon??? the tracking plus the obedience CD or CDX - those, plus hips & elbows - maybe even a show rating (yes, in the adult untitled class - does not matter for Koer) and a BH???? There is a show in May in Buffalo - Herr Wilfred Scheld is the judge/koermeister....

the RH1 should be doable for both of them as well.....not it is not Schutzhund - but a nice little group of credentials just the same ....

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
what about doing some AKC titles on Yukon??? the tracking plus the obedience CD or CDX - those, plus hips & elbows - maybe even a show rating (yes, in the adult untitled class - does not matter for Koer) and a BH???? There is a show in May in Buffalo - Herr Wilfred Scheld is the judge/koermeister....

the RH1 should be doable for both of them as well.....not it is not Schutzhund - but a nice little group of credentials just the same ....

Lee
Would I need his papers and have him AKC registered to participate in that show? The papers are still with the SV and without them I can't get him registered with the AKC. If I can participate without him being AKC registered and having the papers on hand, I will definitely show him
If I can't do it there, I'll simply do match showings until I get his papers.
I can most certainly get him titled in obedience, the BH and Tracking.

Last edited by Mrs.K; 02-08-2011 at 07:40 PM.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Knighted Member

I guess it depends on one's interpretation of a BYB. For instance the breeder I got Zoe from had both parents OFA'd, health tested, both dogs are from strong well known working lines, and have simple OB titles, but no real working titles. By many people's definition she is from a BYB.

When I think BYB I think of owners with oops litters or who just threw any two dogs together, do not do any health testing at all, and don't bother to vet the mom and.or pups. So without titles some will call you a BYB, but then again others will not. You could definitely get some titles on both of them though you have plenty of time
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:55 PM
"I like Daffy" Moderator

The lack of papers may be a problem with registering the puppies. You will need Yukon's SV papers to get his AKC papers. Please remind me why Yukon's registration is at issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page