Yoko's Diary - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Yoko's Diary

I wanted to have someplace to talk about what we will be going through the next couple of months.

Just to give some background, this will be my females second litter. She is 4 1/2 now. Hips/elbows, CERF, Cardiac, DM all done. First litter produced some very nice pups. Two pups doing SchH, one with a security co. for detection work. The others are nice pets. The sire was local (my trainers dog), and they made a very nice match.

Now will be traveling to the stud this time around. He is in another state, 6 hrs away. We will have to spend at least one night in a hotel. Never done that before. I feed her a raw diet, so need to keep that on ice (cold) the whole time too. Need to time it right, so now I will be doing progesterone testing to know when she has ovulated. Had the brucellosis test done and that is neg. So now I sit and wait for her cycle to start.

This has been planned since the end of August. Her breeder is wanting two pups from this litter. Yoko's sister had been kept by the breeder to replace their mother (who is now retired). The sister passed away suddenly this past summer. Yoko's breeder and I worked together on picking a stud.

I am just very nervous about this litter, higher expectations and more planning, taking care of things than the first. After I know she is pregnant, its all down hill for me from there. Its just getting to that point that is nerve racking right now.

I am also trying to finish up some remodeling of the laundry room where the pups will stay. I actually dont have to have that done until the pups are 3 wks old and ready to move out of their swimming pool. So I sit at the computer and wait. LOL

Dawn Brogan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Okay, so I noticed some dried blood on Yoko's vulva last night. So she has officially started her heat. Made an appt. for vets on Monday to check progesterone level.

Dawn Brogan

post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

So the receptionist called today regarding Mondays appt. Good thing SHE is on top of things. I have been in contact with them for a couple months, asking questions, figuring things out before they need to be done. Now I find out the blood has to clot and be spun before they can package it up to mail it. I am taking it to the post office because I cant get to the vets office until late in the day. Glad she called so I could get there early enough to have everything done and to the post office by 5pm. Oh and did I mention we only have one vehicle to drive now (we drive to work together but I have shorter hours and just wait). Other wise we just would have driven separate and no problem with the time. Starting to get stressed about this.

Dawn Brogan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Okay, so the blood is in the mail to Cornell. Now I started thinking ahead to the rest of the week and which day we might draw blood again depending on todays results. Then I realized that Thursday is Veterans Day (post office closed). So now how is this gonna work? One more thing to stress about.

Did I mention we are down to one vehicle at the moment! So trying to shop for another too.

Dawn Brogan

post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

So the progesterone blood level is at 1.46. Not very high yet. Will be drawing blood again on Thursday and FedEXing to Cornell (post office is closed). Will have results on Friday. And since we will be going into the weekend, I cant get testing done until Monday for Tuesday results. By then it could be too late URGH!

Dawn Brogan

post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Okay, new one for me. Yoko went from 1.46 on Monday to 1.13 on Thursday. WHAT??? She went backward??? The vet I spoke with at Cornell said that can happen if they are producing a lot of follicles. Stopped at the vet on Friday after work to check the epithelial cells. Not even close to cornification. So next appt. is for Monday to check progesterone again.

Dawn Brogan

post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

So Yoko's progesterone level for yesterday was at 2.52. YIPPEEEE! We have been waiting for it to reach 2.0. Once it reaches that level, you breed 5 days later. So off to New Hampshire on Saturday morning. And just to make sure it is still going up, going to do another test tomorrow.

Dawn Brogan

post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Crowned Member

Well, so...who are you breeding her to?!

J, mom to:
- Elsa - "Da Pookins"
- Medo - "The Beast From The East"
post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 07:16 PM

Hena-C's Hey Ladies - German shepherd dog

this handsome dude

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Thanks Diane for linking him. That is Oso. Will be going on Saturday, getting very excited. So we will have the Yoko/Oso litter of pups. LOL

Dawn Brogan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page