Update - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Update

First, I was told I wasn't allowed to tell you to "stick it...you know where" so for that I apologize Seriously.

Second, I am a pretty tough cookie, I just was taken back by the "type" of responses I was getting.

I came back on to say everything was okay with my Shep and that I found supportive people to help out when we need it elsewhere. Her diarrhea was from a can of wet food we gave her because she wasn't eating her dry. She is healthy and doing well. We did find actual support from a breeder who was *gasp* actually happy for us.

To you who are trying to tell me about rescues and not finding good homes - I bred three litters of kittens - ALL KITTENS found wonderful homes! Every single one of them. Three are still on our farm. We have had all spayed and neutured. Last time I checked that could be a responsible thing to do?? The mother cat was a stray who wandered onto the farm and we took her in and cared for her. Didn't dump her in a shelter like we could have.

We rescused another cat from the inner city. A kitten being abused by a group of kids and now has a warm, clean and loving home.

We rescued TWO off the track race horses who would have most likely ended up on the butcher block and now have a loving home. We knew NOTHING about horses but we learned with the patient and kind support of area horse owners who didn't condemn us for rescuing an animal we had no experience with. Wouldn't you know that we have two healthy, beautiful horses! There were many areas that we had to research and much trial and error, but in the end our horses are healthy, thriving and loving creatures.

Have been dog owners for over 10 years. So please don't judge a new person on this board harshly when you know nothing about them. Help them out first and ask questions later.

Oh and I didn't just "throw two dogs together" as some of you mentioned. We know our elder GSD like the back of our hand and the newer male we took considerable time and effort in choosing. We know his parents and pedigree. Yeah, that doesn't guarentee he will turn out perfect, but there's a good chance.

No pup will leave here if we don't think he'll have a good home. Each pup will HAVE to be returned if it doesn't work out. WE DO HAVE A FARM and a happy house - NOT THAT I have to explain that to any of you.

I have a college degree. I work in the medical field (human medicine, but still). I am smart enough to learn what I need to learn. So what that it happened sooner than anticipated. That's why I came here. Apparently you all DO have some sort of code you all live by.

Let me ask you all something. Didn't you all have a first time? A first time you bred two German Shepherds knowing you had two very good dogs from very good lines from very reputable breeders? Were you judged as bad people because you wanted to carry on one or two of your lines, even if it were just ONE breeding?

Lastly, I am no stranger to what could happen. I have birthed SIX children myself and almost lost my life this past February with the birth of my youngest so don't treat me as if I haven't a clue how fragile life can be whether human or canine. Our equine vet is a vetinarian and if she happens to have her pups on a weekend when I cannot readily get into a vets office, then he will be called - if not my girl will go to our regular vet, again not that that should have any bearing on your helpful advice to a new person.

Don't know what else to say or do but before you crucify a person give them the benefit of the doubt first.

Kelly, mom to 6 children, 4 dogs and 2 horses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Elite Member

Re: Update

Im glad that you came back! Its good to hear that your dog is doing better, I would like to be keep updated....I hope all turns out well with everything!

Jessica
Annie- 3 yo GSD
Beowulf- 1 yo GSD
Highplains Christmas Shimmer- Noel
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Master Member

People can get emotional about things here, because we are all here for a common reason- we love the German Shepherd breed. No one wants to see people breeding dogs for wrong reasons. Not to say you are, because I'm not the god of GSDs. Opinions of right and wrong can and does vary from person to person.

There is a lot to learn from many people here. I wish you the best with your dogs and I hope all of the pups find great forever homes.

~Stephanie

Alexa (04/25/09)

Princess (GSD/Pit Rescue) October 1996-September 2004
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Master Member

Hang in there. There is so much valuable info on this board, it is a shame to miss out on it. I am not aware of the details regarding your other post about breeding your dogs, I will check it out. This board, myself included, it very guarded regarding breeding.

I would ask you to consider the responses you receive as you wish them to consider your view as well.

Good luck and I look forward to posts from you on the board!

Missing Alex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Doc
Knighted Member

Just know there are a few of us that do not judge people when they come here. Welcome back and good luck with your pups.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Elite Member

I also wanted to let you know that I sent you a PM, so you might want to check your box if you already haven't.

Jessica
Annie- 3 yo GSD
Beowulf- 1 yo GSD
Highplains Christmas Shimmer- Noel
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Crowned Member

I'm glad it was just bad food that made your girl sick! Did you have her xrayed so you know how many pups and when to expect them?

I'M sorry some people here get on their soap box. It happens here...

-Jenn

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Knighted Member

Welcome back...hope you will stay with us and share in the wealth and knowlege. I too am not aware of your previous posts, but am happy to hear that your Shep is doing good and it was a can of food, not something worse. Fingers crossed for you have a nice healthy litter!!

Nadia - GSD -DOB 12-29-07
Zisso - GSD- DOB 9-16-07
Pepe & Kiki`my sweet kitties

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Crowned Member

I am not sure it has to do with soap box, it has to do with people's passion for the breed. From a previous buyer of pups my bar is set pretty high for what I am willing to pay for, from past experiences.

Just curious MyTwoSheps, since you plan was to breed your two dogs any way, did you get the hips and elbows Xrayed and rated on the bitch? Please don't tell me that she comes from yada great lines and never showed any signs of hip problem. I have a female that comes from great lines and is 8 years old and hasn't shown any signs of problems, but from Xrays and ratings I know she has one bad hip and one bad elbow. She is a nice bitch who would mother any thing, she is always trying to adopt one or more of the feral kittens, really solid nerve, nice temerament, just not breed worthy in my book.

I hope you do find good homes for your pups, but finding good homes for GSD pups is a lot harder than finding homes for kittens.

Val

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Crowned Member

Geez Val - didn't folks make enough points before?

Let's all hope this forum stays positive and that mytwosheps is able to come and ask and learn from those who know.

As much as I read of the other thread, seemed the breeders on the forum were far more gentile and supportive than some other members.

Let's hope for a healthy litter of GSDs and offer mytwosheps a place to share and learn.

Anne

Nothing is as simple as it seems or as complicated as we make it~

Attitude is everything -- Pick a good one!
Sofie AKA Ussina vom Haus Brezel
Jack von Jagenstadt
Tatty - Burmese bad cat

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page