Should I be ticked off? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Should I be ticked off?

I am who I am today, tomorrow, Sunday morning, on this thread, wherever I am. Some people really do not like that, and expect me to say niceties or conform or pretend I conform. But I say what I mean and think unless it is something that will only hurt someone else.

But with all the negativity about breeding dogs, I guess I can understand people trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Should I be ticked.

Almost three years ago when I had Arwen's second litter, an individual sent me e-mail after e-mail about the litter and wanting to purchas a pup. She agreed on one of them and told me all about the older dog she had that had arthritis and was already neutered. She was looking for a loving puppy for a family companion.

When eight weeks came along after countless pictures were sent and all of that she told me a story about her father's illness and how she could not get a pup at this time. OK. No Problem.

Well I got Tori back at 15 weeks and when the pups were five months old, she e-mailed again to ask when my next litter was and that she was in the market again. I told her about Tori and Whitney and we went back and forth about it, and she confided that she got a white GSD puppy that is the same age and she wanted them to be buddies (raised together). I felt a little miffed about her telling me a tale instead of just saying that she chose to buy a different dog, but whatever.

I answered with a lot of reservations about two bitches of the same age. She said she wanted the pup and would pick it up on the weekend.

Before I had a chance to really discourage her further, she told me that God wasn't really telling them that they should get another pup right now and decided against it. Fine. I did not want to sell a puppy into that situation at that point anyway.

So I am reading the breeder classifieds to see my ad and see her name. I look and send her an e-mail asking whether it is the white three year old bitch. She says she is waiting for her to come into heat. I ask if it is the same bitch that just had a litter on the classified, no it is another one. I mentioned that it says nothing about ofa, does she do penn hip? She says that they are from a very healthy lines, pure white as far back as you can go, and no one has EVER had any problems.

So we are selling untitled, unscreened, white dogs. We have more than one bitch and her dog is NOT snipped. Nothing wrong with having more than one bitch, or having an unsnipped dog, just not what she told me.

Every dog I ever bought, I bought letting them KNOW I was intending for it to be a breeding dog. I don't bring God into my puppy buying discussions.

Whatever.

I am just never going to trust anyone about anything. And I am sure glad I did not sell this person a puppy.

I WILL sell a puppy to someone who wants to breed dogs, but I will want to know that they are serious about it.

Whatever. Should I just expect people to lie or tell information so that it sounds like what it is not.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Elite Member

Re: Should I be ticked off?

I think you are absolutely right to be POd. You have been lied to. That's pretty bad; doesn't matter who lies and why... Of course you are mad. I think we all want to (or would like to) trust people we deal with. This is true whether or not you breed, rescue, or whatever.

"A piece of grass a day keeps the vet away" - Unknown Dog
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 04:57 PM

I would be ticked, she seems like someone worth avoiding at all costs. I hate liars.

Owner to Minerva - 2yo uber pup & Zelda - 13 pounds of feline fury!

"The more I see of man, the more I like dogs." ~Mme. de StaŽl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Crowned Member

It would make me a bit angry too, I dislike dishonesty.

Kathy

URO3,UCD Aleshanee Windridge "Kayos" CD,TDX,RE,CGC,HIC,TC
PTE,AG2,AN,URO3,UCD Xtra!Xtra! V TeMar "Havoc" CDX,GN,RE,CGC,HIC,TC,BH
UACH,URO1 Tidmores Rising Star Lydia "Mayhem" CD,BN,AX,OAJ,NF,RE,HT,TC,CGC,

Bridge
Lucky, Wolf, Max
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Knighted Member

I agree with everyone else. She sounds a bit....off?

Lisa
Owned by:
Lucina v Dare, GSD
Fancy Me Deuce (Tedy) APHA gelding
Purple Haze Nirvana AQHA mare
Trooper rescue kitty and senior fur kid
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Crowned Member

It's too bad people will tell you what they think they can get away with to get a pup or sell for that matter.
Just like the one lately trying to re-home her WGSD and then after detective work here, finding out she has had litters from her w/ a different breed all in the name of greed. Her first e-mail was great, everyone was sympathetic, til the truth came out.
Research is our best defense.
I could never be a breeder(I use to breed parrots and that hard enough to find good homes-alot of shady characters) My goal at the time was to breed the species that were endangered(importation had ceased for the most part) But after dealing w/ it for awhile I couldn't stand the immorality of some people.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Crowned Member

Let's not worry about "should" -- It sounds like you are and I can understand why. Deceitful people are hard to deal with.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks, I just needed to vent I guess. It is hard because now I will be that much more suspicious with every person I consider for my pups. Usually, I like to think that if you give a person enough rope they will hang themselves. And then there are those that are pretty slick. Of all things, I think it is the religion, when added in I guess to add credibility, that makes me so angry. It seems almost sinful to question someone's motives when God is brought into it, and yet, it is amazing what horrors God gets blamed for over the generations. I suppose using God to improve your credibility probably began in Genesis.

The deaf dude that calls using an interpretor but is a big fraud, using the handicap to mask the dishonesty. This yayhoo wants you to take a check bigger than what is needed, cash it, keep some for your trouble and send the rest on with the shipping agent. Because the dude is deaf, you want to help him out and bend over backwards for him.

And people wonder why I like dogs more than people.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted By: selzer

And people wonder why I like dogs more than people.
Me too!!! I hate the idea that someone feels that they need to lie to get what he/she wants. I would be P#@[email protected] off too at this person.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Elite Member

I woud be "ticked off" too! Lying is unacceptable to me.

I know how difficult it is to keep from being suspicious when you continually get dealt people like this (I have too!), but do try to be open with future prospective buyers (while verifying what info they give you).

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Angela

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page