Scam!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
EJQ
Knighted Member

Scam!!!

I'm sure some of you have already seen something like this but I thought it a good idea to pass it along. For the first time I advertised our current litter on the AKC website. The following is a copy of one of the responses. I think you will understand why it just screams of scam. I sent it to AKC and they informed me that this is a pretty common thing for breeders that advertise on the internet. Be careful out there!

"Hello,
Thanks a lot for the response.I do appreciate it a lot and i am using this medium to let you know that i am satisfied with all the infos that i have got as regards to the puppies. I am a Doctor and i am interested in this purchase for my family as we are moving into a new home that have a fenced yard.I will be buying one male and i am also okay with the amount i am to pay.

I will like to get this all done as soon as we can because there is need for the puppy as we move to our new home.The mode of payment will be via a certified check and i will like you to please send me your full details(NAME,ADDRESS,PHONE NUMBER) so the check can be processed and sent to you as soon as possible and we can complete this transaction. The shipping will be handled by an agent as they will come over to pick it up. We will be including the shipping fees in the check to be sent to you and all you need do is to get the check cashed and deduct the amount for the puppy and please send the excess funds through the Western Union Telegram to the agent whose information i will let you have in due time(by the time you are getting the check).Western Union is to be used because it's the agent's preferred mode of payment and they will move no inch if they do not get the funds.So,it is of importance that you help get this done as soon as you have the payment with you so please check if there is any close western union outlet to you or Money Gram outlet.

I also want you to please let me know the days/time you are available so they can schedule their pick up to be around that time.I really hope to read back from you with the necessary details as soon as possible today.
Best Regards,
Richard Williams"

ARABELLE vom Garringer CGC, TDI

BRYNNA vom Garringer AKC STAR PUPPY, CGC, TDI (crossed over February 15, 2018)
AHREN vom Garringer (crossed over December 30, 2011)
B'ELANNA vom FlaglerHaus CGC, SAR (crossed over March 4, 2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

Re: Scam!!!

Similar scams have been going on for YEARS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Crowned Member

Nigerian Scam

Mya-Queen GSD Love you always and forever!
Ava - Princess GSD
Cheyenne-GSD I will never forget you sweet girl.We were blessed to have you in our lives
Buddy-Sweet lap cat - Forever in my heart.
Baby - Crazy cat
Spencer - Eclectus parrot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Crowned Member

Scam - but can be US, UK too.....horse people getting these too when they advertise...

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Yup. Been getting emails like that for years, and we typically don't advertise on the internet other than our own website.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Crowned Member

And, yet, people still fall for them. I saw a show on the Nigerian scams, there are a ton of people doing this and they actually make money.

Anyway, I've never bought a puppy from somebody who didn't check me out and sometimes ask for references. I'm hoping for a puppy from a breeding this month in Europe and these people require I fly over there to pick up the puppy and meet them in person.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 AM

haha, at least they remember what the "item" is throughout the email, lots of them I've seen they've changed from a puppy, to a boat, or a horse, or something else, or from a male to a female... and even to an it.... I seriously wonder if people still fall for these things... seriously... I suppose they must... b/c they still try it..

mommy to:
Abby and Cambrin ~sugar gliders~
Taylor and Brandon~actual children~
Mya ~GSD~

and Magnum*Marley Ain't Got NUttin on Me* RIP sweet, darling boy, gone too soon, always in our hearts.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Knighted Member

I am a travel agent and I get scam emails to asking for me to issue business class tickets flexible fares. With a long note about payments. Crazy!

Heidi, human mom to
Daisy, 6 yr JRT
Bella, 3 yr GSD
Bo, 2 yr GSD
Rest in Peace,
Kasey, GSD Shelter 8/96-12/07 at the Bridge
Patches, CS Shelter 4/93-4/05 at the Bridge
Keisha, GSD 12/87-10/96 at the Bridge
Tarsha, GSD my sweet 16 BD at the Bridge
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Crowned Member

I had same thing happen to me for an antique chair I advertised on Craigslist....the guy said he would send an agent" to get the chair he would send over CERTIFIED bank check bla bla bla
I emailed him back and told him I would only take CASH. never heard from him again LOL

Sashi
ALWAYS REMEMBERED
Sept 1, 1999- Aug 11, 2008

Neek
Our special needs Rescue
adopted 09-March
4 yr old
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Crowned Member

Yeah, I get them too, even over the phone

One starts out saying that the guy is deaf and uses a deaf service. This puts you into the mindset that you should help this person out.

Do not. It is a scam.

I just tell them I do not ship puppies.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page