Ohio senate bill 95 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Ohio senate bill 95

This one is a bad one. It is aimed at breeders so I am posting it here. One of the many stipulations is that "no one shall fail to provide dogs at least two hours of interaction with other dogs" unless there is some type of contagious disease -- not exactly sure of the wording.

It also says that no dog shall be housed with another adult dog while she is nursing. No real problem with that, but who uses the term "nursing" in reference to dogs???

It looks like this one is designed by people who have no idea about breeding.

Any intact animal is considered a breeding animal.

Pens must be a minimum of 4' x 16' and may not have any exposed metal that is not covered by rubber or plastic. I am dead in the water. My pens do not comply. They are 10x15 or 12x14. While I am aware that longer is better because it provides more excersize, my dogs are quite comfortable in their pens.

Ok, just venting. There is a lot of stuff that is incredible in this bill. No link. But it is easily googled, Ohio senate bill 95.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 03:05 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Ohio senate bill 95

It looks like it's aimed at improving the welfare of dogs in puppy mills, regulating the sale of puppies through pet stores and regulating rescues.

"(F) "Regulated dog breeding kennel" means an establishment that keeps, houses, and maintains adult breeding dogs that produce either at least nine litters of puppies or at least forty puppies in any given calendar year and, in return for a fee or other consideration, sells, exchanges, or leases adult dogs or puppies."

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Crowned Member

Here is a link to the Ohio Senate and House Bills
http://columbusdogconnection.com/PuppyMillBill2.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I disagree completely.

40 puppies might be 9 litters of yorkies, it is more like 4 GSD litters, in fact you can get there with three large litters.

One should not have to undergo a backgrownd check. And NO ONE in this country should be subject to illegal search and siezure. It is in our constitution. We should not let that go down easily. This would allow them to search your home without a warrant. That is simply not right.

This requires that licenses be worn "At all times" -- no more dog shows in Ohio, even if you put the licens on the collar using screws and nuts and filing down so it doesn't dangle, dogs run naked in agility according to AKC rules. This would make that Illegal.

There are many other things about this that are simply not right.

You have to dig them out. They are buried in there with the idea that we are doing this to save the poor doggies.

This will really not hurt puppy mills all that much. I figured it out that I could currently house more than double what dogs I have if I rebuild the kennels using the current concrete pads. (Mine are currently too short, even if they are more than double, nearly triple the square footage.)

They want an indoor exercise pen of 40'x40' -- that is bigger than my house!!!

No, this is one more way for AR and PETA and HSUS to drive small breeders out of business.

It is a very bad law, but you have dig in there and read it.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/b...m?ID=128_SB_95

This link will get you to the legislation without all the added puppy mill propaganda.

Again this law is not aimed at puppy mills, it does not stop puppies from being sold it pet stores. It does not call out any better method of transporting puppies. It will hurt the small breeders much more than the huge breeders.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page