GSD Stud Service Fund Raising Event - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

GSD Stud Service Fund Raising Event

Thought I would post a link to a fund raising event, This is copied from the site
THE SUNSHINE SQUAD WAS DEVELOPED TO HELP PEOPLE TO KEEP THEIR FUR FRIENDS, SPECIFICALLY GSD'S - TO HELP THOSE OWNED BY GSD'S THROUGH ROUGH TIMES
Here is a link

(Link removed by moderator)

Solicitation of donations of money for any reason is not permitted on this board unless special circumstances exist and it has been approved by the board Administration.

Daphne - Moderator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Knighted Member

Re: GSD Stud Service Fund Raising Event

I think it is great that these people want to help, but I don't think this is the right way to do it. JMHO

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04
Judy rescued 1/16/05, foster failure
Trelkez owner surrender 9/27/07, foster failure

In loving memory of Jasmine 2/2/95-11/24/03, she has left this world but she will never leave my heart.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

I think they are sure taking money too if you want to send that to them. There will always be someone who is not happy no matter how things get done. What are your reasons for thinking its a bad way to go about it. The stud fees no doubt will be getting purchased by people anyway and instead of the stud owner getting the money it will be donated.
I am kind of sad to see the link removed, its a not for profit for crying out loud! People sell pups on here all the time and I know that for a FACT!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Crowned Member

I agree this is a peculiar way to get money to help GSDs.
*scratching head*

~Melinda
Halle, 7 yr GSD (dob 7/12/2002)
Serena, 9yr GSD (dob 2000, gotcha day 6/14/2003)
Remington, 9yr old, (dob 09/2000, Gotcha day Christmas 2005.)
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 10:18 PM

Tell them to get a job!!!!
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Crowned Member

Where are you seeing people selling puppies on this board?

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

-
-

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

I have been a member since 02' I have seen it all. Enough said I never really cared for this board anyway the show lists are alot more interesting anyway.

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Knighted Member

I guess the reason I have a problem with this is that so many people are dumping their dogs at shelters or asking rescues to take them, because they can not afford to take care of them or they are loosing their homes and have to move into apartments that do not allow big dogs.

So these people want to raise money for needy families by producing more dogs that will in turn need homes. Why not help find homes for all the current misplaced GSDs instead of producing more.

I understand that these dogs are not going to be studed out to just anyone and that most reputable breeders do not produce a litter unless they have people on a waiting list, but I don't think it makes since to help needy dogs by producing more dogs that in turn may also need help down the road.

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04

In loving memory of Jasmine 2/2/95-11/24/03, she has left this world but she will never leave my heart.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

I would hope you would really know that the dogs dumped in shelters are not dogs from reputable breeders. I along with nearly every reputable breeder have as part of our contracts are for the dog to be returned and NOT to be placed in a shelter ect. Part of the funds are to go to rescues along with part to help those in our community in need. Alot of those auctioning their studs services rescue dogs all the time, those dogs are products of BYB's not good breeders.
You are fooling yourself to think that these breedings will contribute to shelter overcrowding ect. These are breedings that would have taken place anyway since there is always alot of research ect involved in breeding our show dogs. We just don't breed to a dog because he is next door. These pup are for people who have been waiting for pups for a long time and for pups for show. I along with any reputable breeder make those on our puppy lists jump through hoops to get on our lists. And EVERY person who ever gets a pup from me knows that if for ANY reason they cannot keep the dog it is to be returned and I will rehome it. I have only had to do that once thankfully. I keep in contact with ALL my puppy owners. I have helped find homes for LOTS of dogs but they have ALL been products of BYB's not one from a reputable breeder.

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Quote: I would hope you would really know that the dogs dumped in shelters are not dogs from reputable breeders
If you really believe this than there is no point having this discussion. It can and does happen all the time. Not everyone contacts their breeder before dumping their dogs at the shelter.

I am very glad that you take back your dogs and stay in contact with everyone who adopts one of your dogs and also help place other dogs in need, but not all breeders do this.

I am not saying that these breeders are not reputable and that they would not do the same things that you have, but I just don't think this is the best way to raise money to help needy animals. Again this is just my opinion.

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page