Interested to hear your thoughts on this breeder - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Interested to hear your thoughts on this breeder

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/norbengsd/

First, I am NOT in the market for another dog, but I came across them when I was looking for a dog before I ended up adopting Cash and am interested to see what you think. I was considering a pup out of the Yello/Monarch breeding (now on the Past Litters page) and they quoted me $650 for a pup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Interested to hear your thoughts on this breeder

Please remember, if there any negative comments, they are to be sent via pm to the poster. Positives post away.

Angela

Hardy, Diesel, Jet, Denial v. Zioner Berg, Iris & Patches the cats
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 04:49 PM

Re: Interested to hear your thoughts on this breed

the only thing i noticed is that there are no working titles on working line dogs (i'm not familiar with UCI)... and that they're purposely breeding a longhair.

their intro sounds impressive, and the health info & pedigree is given for each dog...

i would ask to see a copy of their contract & hip guarantee

TILDEN: Male: Blk/Red LHGSD: DOB: 12/24/06 65lbs of Love
KEYSTONE: Male: Sable: DOB: 2/11/13 55lbs of Go!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 04:52 PM

i love how they have a couple of pictures of each dog, the dogs are very cute and look happy
they do all the right testing, which is always good
i love the sables of course!

price seems very fair, plus a discount to working homes

they only have 2 litters a year, which is good

puppies from past litters look beautiful, healthy n happy
they dont sell adult dogs, which is nice they keep them until they are old and are just pets

i have no gripes, although id like to see a testimonial page, copy of the health guarantee, ect..
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 04:57 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Why are you asking? I think you know what to look for in a good breeder.

Lucia

2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to mkennels Send a message via Yahoo to mkennels

I like their dogs, they have some nice bone, and good color, they don't over breed, they look very healthy and happy, the solid black is nice, she isn't a long coat my boy has twice as much fur as she does she is more plush she don't have the fringe just a soft coat it looks, anyway if Iwas looking into those lines I would get one from them

Janet
UKC CH Mystical Talyn D'Argo, TT, OFA H/E, CERF, AKC DNA
UKC CH Gretchen Julika Little Star, TT, OFA, Cerf, AKC DNA
Von Hornberger's Mystical Knight, TT, CERF, AKC DNA, OFA
Ranita's Heavenly Angel R.I.P 9/15/07-10/15/08

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 05:32 PM

^ya... i gotta disagree - especially for those lines - i'd say Baretta is definitely a long coat. sure not to the degree of Taser , but if we compared 5 or even 10 members with coats from this board - i'd say we'd see at least 5-10 different lengths/types/variations of longcoats. Baretta is also under a year old - Tilden for one, did not have a full coat at a year.

TILDEN: Male: Blk/Red LHGSD: DOB: 12/24/06 65lbs of Love
KEYSTONE: Male: Sable: DOB: 2/11/13 55lbs of Go!!!!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Crowned Member

I they were close I'd visit them

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 06:15 PM
EJQ
Knighted Member

I like what they have told us and shown us in their web site - some are not so well organized. They sound like conscientious dog people.

However even the best web site can't tell you what you want to know. You need to make a person-to-person contact. If you are impressed by what you see or hear initially then you need to talk directly. A conscientious breeder will welcome all of your questions.

ARABELLE vom Garringer CGC, TDI

BRYNNA vom Garringer AKC STAR PUPPY, CGC, TDI (crossed over February 15, 2018)
AHREN vom Garringer (crossed over December 30, 2011)
B'ELANNA vom FlaglerHaus CGC, SAR (crossed over March 4, 2011)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Crowned Member

For health certified dogs that aren't titled, the price is right. Regarding the puppy contract, I don't like that they require neuter by one year of age, I DO like that they warranty a pup to OFA certify rather than warranty against "crippling HD." The latter can be very bad, the former is a great contract. They say in the event of calling in that part of the contract, the dog must be altered and papers transferred back to the breeder and also the ownership, but they don't say that the dog needs to be shipped back. Would like clarity there. Finally, they say the dog must be kept current on vax. I would like to know if they have leeway on the speuter age as well as the vax issue, the former because it may be best to keep a dog intact until maturity and the vax because minimal vax may prove to be overall healthier.

If they're open to discussion and individual contact adjustments based on intelligent arguments and the breeding dogs are every bit dogs you'd love to own, hey the price is certainly right.

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page