Listening to my gut again, dh is gonna kill me?! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Listening to my gut again, dh is gonna kill me?!

Well I had a woman who emailed me around xmas time about a puppy for her mother. Spoke to the mother, she came out and visited, even brought her vet with her as they are friends. Apparently the woman is well off, paid alot of money to save her dog after it was attacked by a gator when at her sisters house.

Well, something kept bugging me. When I first spoke, she was adament on 2 pups. Talked her into only 1 pup as did her vet. Then she became fixed on color. When I didn't have any the gender she wanted, she switched over to a male. Ok, but still fixed on the male of the "right" color. Then I find out when I'm talking to her, she's still considering 2 pups, PLUS someone was giving her a 6 month old rottie. Hmmmmm...... well I went to training a couple weeks ago, apparently the woman is still looking for a solid black female, then I find out she didn't get the rottie, but then adopted a 3 yr old adult male shepherd. Well all my warning bells went off.

So I emailed her today asking for her mailing address (don't feel like digging it out) so I can send her back her deposit. I know she can afford the care, I know she has caretakers for her property when she's not there, but the collecting dogs thing had red flags and bells all over it. DH doesn't know, and I probably won't tell him either. But ever time I've NOT listened to my gut (twice) I came to regret it.

So this time I decided to follow my gut and so be it.

Angela

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hardy, Diesel, Jet, Denial v. Zioner Berg, Iris & Patches the cats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Master Member

Re: Listening to my gut again, dh is gonna kill me?!

IMO, trust your gut, and all will be well. I would be concerned as well.

Kandi
Rokanhaus German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canaan CT
"Some Dogs come with a Pedigree, Others Come with a Legacy"
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Crowned Member

Smart move, Angela. Just further proof that you are a very good, responsible breeder. Whatever her true situation is, I'm glad you're only looking out for the welfare of your litters.

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Crowned Member

Good for you!

Tracy

Siren vom Banach { Sable female GSD 3-20-08}

R.I.P. Wrangler male ACD/Aussie mix. 9-29-99 to8-29-11.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Crowned Member

I am truly PROUD of you, Angela! That lady will do as she pleases, but YOUR pups will grow up in a home where they are attended to, trained correctly, kept safe, and prioritized by knowledgable clients who treat their dogs like family rather than fashionable accoutrements. You will be reading letters from clients who have taken your pups and made their family members. You are ensuring that your placed pups recieve the best care and attention possible, and will be raised as valued, loved dogs for who they are. GOOD CALL.

Patti
Frauchen von:

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Agree. Trust your gut. Only puppy placements I've ever regretted were the couple where that was that nagging gut feeling and I ignored it because everything seemed fine and I couldn't put my finger on what caused it. I'll never do that again. Always trust the gut!

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Chris WildAgree. Trust your gut. Only puppy placements I've ever regretted were the couple where that was that nagging gut feeling and I ignored it because everything seemed fine and I couldn't put my finger on what caused it. I'll never do that again. Always trust the gut!
I agree- thank God for instincts!!!!

Kate
Dublin and Gracie (RIP)
Timer (RIP)

Guinness Tennessee Porch Hound

Roxie Shennannigan

RILEY

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Banned

what is it your DH doesn't know? go with your gut feeling.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Re: Listening to my gut again, dh is gonna kill me

That I'm sending her back her deposit, lol.

He won't really be upset, just like, here she goes again, lol.

I'm sure I'll hear some of it at training this week, but it seemed like each wk there was something new with this woman. No thanks.

Angela

Hardy, Diesel, Jet, Denial v. Zioner Berg, Iris & Patches the cats
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Listening to my gut again, dh is gonna kill me

Good for you

Dawn
GSRNE Volunteer
"A dog a day keeps the Doctor away!"

proudly owned by:
Brady von Barren Berg, CGC GSD 5/4/05
Cooper von Nordosten, GSD 12/27/10
Missy, Chocolate Lab 3/9/03
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page