Looking for Breeder in Midwest - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to creepingninja
Looking for Breeder in Midwest

Hi there. I'm relatively new to the forums, so if this is misplaced, please direct me to the right forum.

I'm in Madison, WI, and I'm looking to get an all black puppy, I'd prefer a male, but will be happy with either. I will travel out of state, but I don't want to go too far out of country. I'd like to get a puppy around 8 weeks up to maybe 10 weeks or so. I have a 7y/o female and a 4y/o male, but the male is going back to Arizona to live with my dad.

Thanks in advance!

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Looking for Breeder in Midwest

Can you be a little more specific on what you are looking for in a puppy? What do you want to do with it? How much time do you have to spend with it? What sort of home situation do you have? Do you want an AmBred, German showline, workingline?

Elaine and the herd
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Elite Member

I thought there was a breeder in columbus wi. outside of Mad town. forgot the name.

RAMSEY 10/07

Mark.o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Crowned Member

Haus Miller is in Spring Green, that looks really close to Madison (I've only been to WI once though so....). Otherwise what about northern Illinois? Mittelwest, Huerta Hof...

http://www.vomhausmiller.com/
http://www.mittelwest.com/
http://www.huertahof.com/
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Elite Member

Steffen -haus is the breeder i was thinking of in Columbus Wi.

RAMSEY 10/07

Mark.o
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Knighted Member

If you are looking for all black, I'm assuming it's workinglines you are looking at or possibly American lines I guess. For workinglines-I'd go to the United Schutzhund Club of America's site on the breeders listing(www.germanshepherddog.com) for a list of breeders in your area. Also look at training groups/clubs in your area. You might be able to get some breeder referrals there also. Remember, more important than color is finding a reputable breeder who can match you with the pup that best fits your individual needs.

Trish Campbell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG Harley v Triton BH,AD,T-1,RN,CGC,HIC,HOT
VP Myth v Triton BH,TT, CGC, Branka SchH3, KKL-2
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Crowned Member

Psst- the above poster, Trish, is in Illinois and she has working lines. Might have blacks, never know, but she is definitely worth contacting if you want an excellent, sound dog. Several members here have dogs from her breedings and are quite pleased.

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Knighted Member

Thanks DianaM

I'm not planning any litters until next fall though There are some other very good breeders in my area who I'm very comfortable sending people too. Bill and Jen Kulla are one of them in my area, also Lisa Clark who is a member on this board also. I'd highly recommend both of them. Good luck in your search.

Trish Campbell

SG Harley v Triton BH,AD,T-1,RN,CGC,HIC,HOT
VP Myth v Triton BH,TT, CGC, Branka SchH3, KKL-2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page