LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Red face Trump on German Shepherds

~ Greg C. ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 07:16 PM
Crowned Member

" Nothing better than a good old-fashioned German Shepherd"......hard to argue against that.......

SuperG
selzer, Gregc, Sabis mom and 3 others like this.

HŁndin 32CACT, 2334CSAT, 2016 GAA 2.85
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Mei
Master Member

Lol, nice!

Mei - DOB 1/15/2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Knighted Member

You can't get much more apolitical than that!

Of course the term "old fashioned German Shepherds" may bring up some debate LOL!
Gregc likes this.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:29 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_s_adams View Post
You can't get much more apolitical than that!

Of course the term "old fashioned German Shepherds" may bring up some debate LOL!
the buzzword big and straight back weren't included, so it's all good? I hope this accolade doesn't backfire and our beloved breed is now a target by the opposers of the speaker.
Custom Billet likes this.

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:10 AM
Knighted Member

[QUOTE=onyx'girl;9147105]the buzzword big and straight back weren't included, so it's all good? I hope this accolade doesn't backfire and our beloved breed is now a target by the opposers of the speaker.[/QUOTE

Irrespective of the speaker, not much to target there! It's all good, and, as I said, about as apolitical as one can get! Pretty sure GSDs won't suffer regardless of your personal political leanings!
selzer, wolfy dog and Gregc like this.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

I just thought it was a nice shout-out to the breed. May actually garner interest.
crittersitter and Mei like this.

~ Greg C. ~
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:48 AM
Crowned Member

You can’t compare new technology- it must be those robot dogs with the robot noses- to old fashion dogs - german shepherd dogs in detection work nothing beats the old fashion way- it’s the one thing I can agree with. It was a nice shout out can’t see how it would not be. I wonder how those robot noses work. More people may get into nose works.

I have heard about this for quite some time - a dog’s nose will never become obsolete
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...-obsolete.html

Last edited by Jenny720; 02-13-2019 at 01:02 AM.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
You canít compare new technology- it must be those robot dogs with the robot noses- to old fashion dogs - german shepherd dogs in detection work nothing beats the old fashion way- itís the one thing I can agree with. It was a nice shout out canít see how it would not be. I wonder how those robot noses work. More people may get into nose works.

I have heard about this for quite some time - a dogís nose will never become obsolete
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...-obsolete.html
Plus, real dogs are more fun to work with. I mean, who can resist a happy doggy face once they find the contraband?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:31 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
I hope this accolade doesn't backfire and our beloved breed is now a target by the opposers of the speaker.

Unlikely...Joe and Jill Biden have been breed owners for a long time. The Bidens' GSDs have even made public appearances.

Recently, they fostered (and foster failed) through their local humane association:

This is their older dog, Champ, whom I believe they purchased as a pup from a breeder -- Champ had a lot to say during a 60 Minutes segment:
https://www.facebook.com/CBSThisMorn...5625965491076/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page