European GSD bloodline? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By lhczth
  • 3 Post By Slamdunc

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

European GSD bloodline?

I've just picked up a new German Shepherd from a breeder in Europe. I'm looking to find out information on his bloodline. He's an amazing dual purpose patrol/narcotic dog here in central Michigan. Ive been really curious and have had several trainers ask his bloodline. I know my department purchased him from the k-9group of Holland and he was purchased from a breeder in Czechoslovakia for me by that breeder. I've asked the owner of k-9 group of holland and all he really knows is that he was from Czech. He is tatooed and microchipped from Europe. Is there any way to get his bloodline from one of those? If it helps some of the master trainers that I've train with seem to think he may have been schutzhund. May have been a reject because he does not bark! Lol not complaining. He does amazing with everything else, no issues and great temperament,as I have 3 small children. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 04:59 PM

https://www.sv-doxs.net/suche/hund

I was going to suggest the SV DOxS database search. They will have all of the info you request, including the micro-chip number. But it looks like you can not search by chip number. My guess is that if you have their paid subscription you might be able to.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

If the dog is from the Czech Republic, it is unlikely to be in the SV database. Finding out his pedigree may be difficult since he was a brokered dog for police. Most don't care about the pedigree and registration as long as the dog can work.
carmspack likes this.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 03:33 PM

It is going to be very hard to find out his pedigree. Do you have his "passport?" That may provide some info and may tell you where he came from.

I currently have a Dutch Shepherd that was imported from Holland. I was able to track him back to his original handler and get a pedigree of sorts. I have corresponded with his prior owner several times through email. Unfortunately, there is obviously a language barrier. It seems when I ask about some of this dog's issues, like reactivity and handler aggression, his previous handler doesn't understand English?

His prior owner / handler may take a trip to the states and visit in the spring. The first thing I am going to do is hand him the dog's leash and see what happens.
lhczth, carmspack and RZZNSTR like this.

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance”. George Bernard Shaw

Jim
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 04:47 PM
Master Member

To be brought from one European country to another, a dog needs an EU passport issued in the country of the dog's origin (what Slamdunc already mentioned). In this case it would have been issued either in the Czech Republic or in Slovakia (Czechoslovakia ceased existing in 1993) for the transport to Holland. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/EU-Hei...h-republic.jpg
This document has the name and address of the previous owner in the country of origin, and you can try contacting her/him.
From July 03, 2011 on only a microchip is accepted as ID for the EU passport (or a tattoo made before that date), before that date also a tattoo only.

If you didn't get the EU passport with his papers, you could contact the Slovak and the Czech GSD clubs and ask for help with the microchip number. If the dog is registered with either national GSD club, they could identify him with the microchip number.
http://www.suchno.sk/novinky.html for Slovakia
http://www.ceskyklub-no.cz for Czech Republic

Last edited by RunShepherdRun; 09-24-2017 at 05:01 PM. Reason: tried to fix link
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 05:02 PM
Crowned Member

Alot of brokers take the passport and cut away any identifying info before the dog goes to it's final destination.....we tried to get the info on a dog who came through the Netherlands for a long time...had a breeder there even contact the vet who signed off on the dog....the vet refused to give up the info as the dog was sold without papers, and pricing was such that papers were NOT going to be provided....even when the officer offered to pay for them.....maybe your luck will be better.

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 05:19 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
Alot of brokers take the passport and cut away any identifying info before the dog goes to it's final destination.....we tried to get the info on a dog who came through the Netherlands for a long time...had a breeder there even contact the vet who signed off on the dog....the vet refused to give up the info as the dog was sold without papers, and pricing was such that papers were NOT going to be provided....even when the officer offered to pay for them.....maybe your luck will be better.

Lee
I know of a broker who said exactly this -- because if the dog is excellent they want the end user and the next tier of broker to buy from the seller --- not go to the breeder and disrupt the $$$ trail.

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page