Meet K-9 Boru - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 202Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 335 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 09:46 AM
Crowned Member

Jim, my Brother ya done good! Congrats and I'd love to hear more about his progress when you have a few minutes! Sounds like a match made in heaven! Good luck and Congrats once again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 335 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 10:44 AM

Excellent work!! It is nice to see patience. So often including myself at times we as PSD handlers because of time restraints show little time for patience. Watching your vids and reading your writings he should turn out to be an excellent prospect.

Keep us informed of your progress.
post #23 of 335 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Knighted Member

He is a beautiful boy, I love the picture of both of you hugging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 335 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 11:44 AM
Crowned Member

Yes my favorite picture is with you both snuggling. Like the idea feeding him the car your patience paid off my moms dog doesn't like the car I will pass on this story. Congratulations!
post #25 of 335 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all!

I did see some frustration today from him, right after the bite work when the decoy ran away and hid. He quickly took it out on the leash. He was intense, way up in drive and definitely did not want to stop the bite session. I then saw some more later when I went to take him away from his toys. He came back at the leash real quickly, but he didn't bite me. That was good, and it was over quickly, also good. More things to work on tomorrow, and next week, and next month. I saw a little of what I was told about.

I have a lot to think about over a beer tonight. I will be tweaking my plan each day for sure. Tracking is going very well, I may just track all day for the next month.

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance”. George Bernard Shaw

Jim
post #26 of 335 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 06:19 PM
Elite Member

Jim, what were his car issues? I have a dog that whines to no end. It is not a low whine either. High pitch, screaming/screeching. He loves getting in the car. Every time we walk by my car, he stops and looks at the door. As the car moves, he starts up. For hours at a time, this goes on. I have recently started with a bark collar that is helping, but he is getting shocked more than I like.

Linc Remington vom Sequoyah Haus, "Remi"- D.O.B 2/3/14

Pedigree:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eddie1976E; 01-28-2016 at 06:21 PM.
post #27 of 335 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 06:37 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip18 View Post
OMG, that is the first Mal/Dutchie I've ever seen! So that is the don't like multi handlers guy! And of course, video's nice work on the car thing.
Malinois and Dutch coming out of KNPV lines are referred to as Mal X (cross) if they are blonde and Dutch X if brindle. KNPV lines liberally cross these two as the focus is on traits for protection work and not color. Most of the Dutch in the US are out of KNPV lines hence crosses. Genetically only the color varies.

In both Malinois and Dutch Shepherds there are "pure" lines referred to as FCI lines. These are not crossed one to the other or at least not for many generations. But there is a lot of argument whether or not they are different breeds or just different coat colors.

Karin
Dutch Shepherd - Ptygo (Tee-Go) de las Flores
Rescue GSD - Freyja (Husband's Dog)

Last edited by DutchKarin; 01-28-2016 at 06:44 PM.
post #28 of 335 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 06:39 PM
Crowned Member

He's beautiful. I admire your patience with the car and your creative solution. You got a great partner.
post #29 of 335 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 06:41 PM
Elite Member

To Slam-dunc... how great this guy has you and your experience and style. All the very best to you and Baru. I know as a fellow Dutch sufferer...and I say that with a big smile on my face....their possessiveness and confidence and determination and bratty insistence is a pain in the you know where but also gives them the hutspa (spelling?) that we so come to love.

And trying to figure out what works for them... totally agree that beer will help. ;-)

Karin
Dutch Shepherd - Ptygo (Tee-Go) de las Flores
Rescue GSD - Freyja (Husband's Dog)

Last edited by DutchKarin; 01-28-2016 at 06:45 PM.
post #30 of 335 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1976E View Post
Jim, what were his car issues? I have a dog that whines to no end. It is not a low whine either. High pitch, screaming/screeching. He loves getting in the car. Every time we walk by my car, he stops and looks at the door. As the car moves, he starts up. For hours at a time, this goes on. I have recently started with a bark collar that is helping, but he is getting shocked more than I like.
His issue was not wanting to get in he car and fighting like an Alligator doing a death roll. That issue is fixed and now he happily hops right in. Fortunately for me he is quiet in the car, I would not want the whining that you are dealing with. Good luck!

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance”. George Bernard Shaw

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page