K-9 officer saves deputy's life during ambush on dark road in Mississippi. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

K-9 officer saves deputy's life during ambush on dark road in Mississippi.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/us/k-9-saves-deputy/index.html

A Mississippi deputy who was attacked by three men is injured but alive after quick action by his K-9 officer.

Deputy Todd Frazier was driving on a deserted road during his night shift last week when he noticed a car at a rest stop in Pearlington, Mississippi, authorities said.

Thinking the lone man sitting in a blue Lincoln Town Car with the lights off needed help, he stopped.

That's when his nightmare started.

While near the car, Frazier heard some activity coming from the woods as two other men dashed toward him, said Glenn Grannan, chief investigator with the Hancock County Sheriff's Office.

"The deputy tripped and fell to the ground as he was backing away from the vehicle," Grannan said. "That's when all three male subjects, including the driver, ambushed him, cut him on the forehead with a sharp object and dragged him into the woods."

During the struggle, Frazier hit a remote control device around his neck, which unlocked the backdoor of his patrol car, authorities said.

K-9 Officer Lucas, a black Belgian Malinois, sprung out. He bolted toward Frazier and bit one of the suspects, sending all three fleeing into the night, Grannan said.

Frazier suffered knife wounds, but he's expected to recover, authorities said. Grannan said it's unclear whether he was targeted because he is an officer.

The suspects fled in the car, which had big rims and an obscured license plate. They remain on the run.

Lucas did not suffer any injuries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 01:47 PM
Master Member

Thank gosh Lucas was there! What a brave dog we are lucky have such brave officers, both human and canine.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 01:59 PM
Crowned Member

Thank you Lucas! Job well done!

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I think it was brilliant to have a remote control device around the officer's neck that opened the backdoor! The officer probably would've been murdered if not for the device so the K9 could come help him. Awesome technology and story!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 02:13 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter View Post
I think it was brilliant to have a remote control device around the officer's neck that opened the backdoor! The officer probably would've been murdered if not for the device so the K9 could come help him. Awesome technology and story!
Yes that is really incredible, good thinking to have that set up. I'm so happy he was able to get his hands free to use it. I hoped they get those criminals.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter View Post
Yes, as I was reading it I was thinking, "I hope he left a window open..." That device is great, and certainly just paid for itself big time!

Susan
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 03:56 PM
Crowned Member

Good job Lucas! I'm loving the idea of a remote feature
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Knighted Member

Good boy, Lucas! Thank goodness both officers are OK. I am thinking that every police force ought to invest in these remotes if they can...
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 04:54 PM
Knighted Member

Great job Lucas! Good Dog! I'm so glad they had the remote technology to open the door so he could get to his partner. I hope they gave him a big steak! Deputy Frazier I hope you recover quickly.

Teri

Amorette Vom Godinghofer of Summerland (AKA Abby) 5/21/15
Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 09:57 PM
Crowned Member

That's what having K9 partner is all about. He performed perfectly! Handler protection at it's finest! Well done and I'm glad the Deputy wasn't badly injured. Outstanding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page