Proud to have GSDs - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Proud to have GSDs

I see a looooooooot of GSDs that are not exactly stellar of nerves, or stable of temperment and it usually get's me a little down that dogs like that seem to be so common. So I'm on call and hanging out at my computer watching some Netflix, Disorderly Conduct: Season 1, Episode 19 to be exact. I wasn't paying much attention until I heard barking from the speakers. Up comes a segment with a black sable male and his handler who is anouncing he's going to send his dog. Long story short, dog finds/bites bad guy, bad guys screams and whines about the bite. "It hurts" he says. LOL. Watching clips like that and reading about things like Ladylaws last thread makes me proud to have GSDs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthurston0001 View Post
I see a looooooooot of GSDs that are not exactly stellar of nerves, or stable of temperment and it usually get's me a little down that dogs like that seem to be so common. So I'm on call and hanging out at my computer watching some Netflix, Disorderly Conduct: Season 1, Episode 19 to be exact. I wasn't paying much attention until I heard barking from the speakers. Up comes a segment with a black sable male and his handler who is anouncing he's going to send his dog. Long story short, dog finds/bites bad guy, bad guys screams and whines about the bite. "It hurts" he says. LOL. Watching clips like that and reading about things like Ladylaws last thread makes me proud to have GSDs.

I agree! Well said
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Some people are sports fanatics and go nuts when their team scores. That's probably the best analogy for when I get to watch a dog take down a suspect. Its a RUSH! On video that is. Never actually seen a real apprehension in person, but it's not for lack of trying. In fact you could say training police/military canines would be my dream job. If I had been dealt a different hand in life you better believe that's what I would be doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 08:10 PM

I agree. I have had the pleasure of working with some of military dogs while they have been training. For example demos of when the dog bites the suspect in training. The gad bite hurts even with all that gear on but such a thrill to participate and even watch such an amazing breed.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Master Member

Working at a Level 1 Trauma Center, I have cared for many suspects (er, Patients...) that have received bite wounds, often very minor, from K-9's. As a group, these bad guys have been affectionately nick-named "the screamers" by ED Staff.

Back on topic: Healthy, structurally sound GSD's with solid temperments are a joy to behold!

Last edited by Ingrid; 01-23-2012 at 04:22 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Crowned Member

AAWWW are you saying they scream like a girl?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 07:51 PM

The best calls always end by saying: "K9-3, Central. Subject is 10-15 (in custody), roll medical.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
Working at a Level 1 Trauma Center, I have cared for many suspects (er, Patients...) that have received bite wounds, often very minor, from K-9's. As a group, these bad guys have been affectionately nick-named "the screamers" by ED Staff.

Back on topic: Healthy, structurally sound GSD's with solid temperments are a joy to behold!
ROFL
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFrost View Post
The best calls always end by saying: "K9-3, Central. Subject is 10-15 (in custody), roll medical.

TJ aka Theresa A. Jennings
Pyro vom Wildhaus aka Kaleb ~S.T.A.R.~
Family Companion, Non-Profit Mascot, In-Home Service Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project (ADAP),
Humane Animal Education & Services (HAES),
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Crowned Member

I have told this story before but it is one of my favorite "war" stories. Years ago, big car chase, SUV rammed a police car,wrecked out and 6 gang members bailed and ran. I show up, track the idiots to a big pasture area. They came out of the woods and were standing there. I was threatening to release my dog and he was sounding off of course. Now, with 6 crooks he could have only stopped one. Myself and another officer was demanding they lay down yadda yadda. They stared for a while and lay down. They were yelling at me to please hold on to that devil dog. Anyway. After all were in custody I asked them why in the heck they did not just break and run in different directions. One of them looked at me and said,well, we talked about that. We just could not decide which one of us was the slowest........ Wisdom from a crook. Funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page