German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Police K-9 (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/police-k-9/)
-   -   Out with the PD again.... (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/police-k-9/162999-out-pd-again.html)

DolphinGirl 07-16-2011 11:38 PM

Out with the PD again....

Here is one of my trainer's personal dogs....

I have several short vids..I might post one or 2. I also was watching drug detection in one of the PD classrooms. These dogs are amazing. I could only dream I have a shepherd like these one day.

DolphinGirl 07-16-2011 11:54 PM

I like this dog and my trainer said he has an awesome pedegree.

DolphinGirl 07-16-2011 11:56 PM

BTW, he was doing a decoy training which is why he is out there talking to the decoy and the back to a group of officers on the side. If you are wonderign where we are, its a gun range which gives aweful feedback on the videos...

KSdogowner 07-17-2011 12:27 AM

This may be a stupid question but why would they do the training on slippery floors like this instead of grass or non-slippery surface. Any specific reason for that or just the only place available?

DolphinGirl 07-17-2011 12:36 AM

One more....I need to go to bed.
PS...not sure. Last time we did something like this, it was outside. They were going to do it at the niversity but classes were in session. It was suppose to be like an indoor situation (from my understanding).

DFrost 07-17-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSdogowner (Post 2194828)
This may be a stupid question but why would they do the training on slippery floors like this instead of grass or non-slippery surface. Any specific reason for that or just the only place available?

If it's a police dog, you must train in all environments and that includes slippery floors. If it can happen in real life work, you better have trained for it at some point.

DFrost

Rerun 07-17-2011 08:18 AM

Just curious if you have permission from all involved, owner, handler, decoy, department, to post these videos on a public forum?

Jax's Mom 07-17-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rerun (Post 2194955)
Just curious if you have permission from all involved, owner, handler, decoy, department, to post these videos on a public forum?

I'd imagine if they didn't want it on a public forum, they'd just say "no filming" (unless this was being shot out of a duffle bag)...

Police must know by now that once it's shot, it's as good as public.

Rerun 07-17-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax's Mom (Post 2194959)
I'd imagine if they didn't want it on a public forum, they'd just say "no filming" (unless this was being shot out of a duffle bag)...

Police must know by now that once it's shot, it's as good as public.

Totally disagree. This was a private training session on private grounds, they may not have cared if she took video for personal use but to post training videos online is yet another thing.

Your line of thinking is like saying copyright laws shouldn't exist. After all, if they put it online, shouldn't anyone be able to post it whereever they want?

ladylaw203 07-17-2011 09:20 AM

you are correct. Permission from the agency to post in a public forum should be obtained. I dont allow video. :)