Out with the PD again.... - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaw203 View Post
I dont allow video.
Is it because you don't know what people will (intentionally or unintentionally) do with it?

I guess it's probably just easier that way than monitoring the Internet and and spending your life suing people...

I don't post pics of my kids on the web for that same reason...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

I asked about the video and was told, "Sure, not a problem" The 1st video is not a police dog or officer. The other 2 are. This was a training session for the officers on being Decoys.

Aspen, CGC
DOB: 7-24-10
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaw203 View Post
you are correct. Permission from the agency to post in a public forum should be obtained. I dont allow video.
Neither do I. I even tell my handlers, don't post anything about one of my dogs doing anything on any forum. That includes youtube and facebook. Department policy prohibits it as well.

DFrost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinGirl View Post
I asked about the video and was told, "Sure, not a problem" The 1st video is not a police dog or officer. The other 2 are. This was a training session for the officers on being Decoys.
Yes, I'd imagine you did ask if you could take video. The question was did you ask for permission to POST the videos on a public forum on the internet? There is a very distinct difference that should be noted.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Seeing as how they are actually posted on a different forum for the officers to see. No neg comments there. If a moderate feels this is inappropriate...then, by all means, delete it.

Aspen, CGC
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFrost View Post
If it's a police dog, you must train in all environments and that includes slippery floors. If it can happen in real life work, you better have trained for it at some point.DFrost
That makes sense. Thanks

L'chaim
Elvi

Lexie (Rotti-x), Max (GSD/Husky), Sophie (WGSD)
R.I.P. Ozzy, Sabrie, Kaiser (GSDs), Peaches (Cat)

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

I was talking to my trainer and he has seen dogs that havent been trained near gun fire and when it comes time to shoot, the dog has turned and bit the handler.

I am lucky enough to have an area to take Aspen and have fired my gun and he just laid there watching. And no, I am not an officer.

Aspen, CGC
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Seeing as how they are actually posted on a different forum for the officers to see. No neg comments there. If a moderate feels this is inappropriate...then, by all means, delete it.
Not a matter of being inappropriate. Defense attorneys can get hold of video, get some paid "expert" witness for the defense to pick it apart and use it against a cop in court. Takes very little to cloud the mind of one juror. Anthony trial is a good example. We are just cautious as to what goes out in a public venue. Never know who is monitoring.........
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I was talking to my trainer and he has seen dogs that havent been trained near gun fire and when it comes time to shoot, the dog has turned and bit the handler.

I am lucky enough to have an area to take Aspen and have fired my gun and he just laid there watching. And no, I am not an officer.
The proper response to gunfire, is no response (for PSD's). During training we conduct gunfire training. During that training, the "bad guy", the dog handler, even a third party will be shooting. As I said in a previous post, if it happens in real life, you really want to train for it.

dFrost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page