K-9 Cop Magazine - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

K-9 Cop Magazine

I'm curious whether anyone here has a subscription and what your opinion of the magazine is?

I recently ordered some stuff from Elite K-9 and they sent along a free issue of K-9 Cop Magazine, the October/November edition. It actually had a couple of really useful articles in it - the one on first aid kits and the one on working on the "out" - and I'm considering getting a subscription.

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Knighted Member

Re: K-9 Cop Magazine

If it has lots of pics of men in uniform, I will subscribe!

Silence is Golden ~ Duct tape is Silver.

FO UCD ARCHX RLVX3 RL1X RL2X Joobie Toozday VCD1 HT RA OA OAJ NF CD-H JJ-N CTL1 TT CGC
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Quote:If it has lots of pics of men in uniform, I will subscribe

http://www.k9copmagazine.com/

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

-
-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 11:10 AM

I subscribe and pass them around for my handlers to read. I've always found it a very good magazine. I attended a seminar at Elite K9. they really seemed like good folks. As far as the articles in the magazine go, I think there are some good ones and some that just ok. I think you'll find that in any K9 Magazine though, you know how dog trainers are. The only thing two dog trainers can agree on is; the third one is wrong. There are a lot of guy and some gals in uniform. As far as the guys being good looking...... well I guess I" not the one to judge that, ha ha.

DFrost
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Crowned Member

I agree with you. We give a free subscription with every NNDDA membership. For the most part, a good magazine. And yes, there are men in uniform....
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Crowned Member

dang, maybe I should see if my local library has a copy.

hmm, for the articles of course!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 09:43 AM

K-9 Cop magazine

I heard from another forum that the owner of the magazine is the same as the owner of elite. Somebody there sent me these links does anyone know if it is true?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=RPIaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2UcEAAAAIBAJ&pg=55 36%2C970668
This one is listed on page 2 of 24. The title of the article is this “Jury locks in rape trial of former officer” it should be highlighted when you click on the link.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=CPMrAAAAIBAJ&sjid=52wFAAAAIBAJ&pg=62 55%2C577669
This one is titled “2nd Paducah lawman resigns” it too should be highlighted when you open the link. If not it is listed on page 6 of 37.

http://www.legalradar.com/2009/01/henry-county-serriff-to-face-civil-lawsuit-for-misappropriation-of-county-funds.html
This one opens to the “legal Radar” and the only paragraph on it talks about Jason and the sheriff’s misappropriation of county funds and the impending law suit.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=EfMrAAAAIBAJ&sjid=52wFAAAAIBAJ&pg=33 54%2C4544971
This one too opens to the page and the article is highlighted it is titled “Paducah police sued”. If it is not highlighted then it is on page 18 of 35.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 09:48 PM

I like the magazine. I am now training for the "tactical obedience" that was in last month's issue. Plus, I love Elite K-9 and their products anyway. I only buy from them.

Jerry Lee vom Mandalyn-GSD-CGC, CD, PSA PDC
Nassors The Saints Silence-Dobe-CGC, PSA I HIT, IPO IA
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 01:28 PM

@AbbyK9
I ‘am a member of Police K9 Magazine now for 3 years and a member of K9 Cop magazine for 2 months… K9 Cop magazine has indeed great articles inside it and it is easy to communicate with the people behind the magazine for picture / article submission and suggestions, they are checking the stories they are publishing (No BS in the magazine) and the price / quality is great. I hope I receive the latest issue of them soon…

@Pwalker
Elite K-9 and K9 Cop magazine are from the same owner.
I don't know of the links are true or not...

initial success or total failure

Last edited by Gerko; 03-14-2011 at 01:30 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 12:31 PM

Great Magazine...and Elite K-9 has good products relatively cheap compared to say Ray Allen....The magazine actually has numerous of the US's best master trainers write and respond to articles which I have found useful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page