German Shepherds Forum banner

Ready to go

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  MineAreWorkingline 
#1 ·
Ozzy ready to visit some people in need of a smile and a few licks. On top of all we do together this is the most rewarding. No ribbon or title can compare to what he does for people in need.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I can only imagine how rewarding working with Ozzy must be! I know how rewarding my dogs have been to me just being family pets, my grandchildren get excited to see moo and always ask about him! I know one therapy dog here that really made such an impression on the people he visited, his owner was so sweet, she even hosted a couple of picnics at her home for the adult day center they visited and believe me that was a big event for them! Dogs really do leave paw prints on our souls!

#9 ·
Seltzer, your post is proof that most people like you read a post and make accusations that are not true.
Ozzy is my OB competition dog, dock diving and working towards his PCD and CDX, he earned his CD, CGC, TD, CGCU HIT and many ribbons and first places in Dock Diving all in 20months.

All that we do together Therapy work is the most rewarding, hence why I said what I said in regards to ribbons and titles.

Hope you learned by your comments to never assume until you know the truth. Oh, Ozzy has even more ribbons and a trophy after this pic was taken.

Have a great day.

Attachments

#10 ·
It sounded like you were putting down folks that get ribbons and titles and I was just making the point, which you so wonderfully illustrated, that folks who go after ribbons and titles are often the same folks that do the other stuff with their dogs.

Most folks that put down folks that get ribbons and titles do it because they have not gone down that road.

Since that was obviously not your situation at all, I am sorry for assuming that. If people feel intimidated by the process of showing with their dogs, I wanted to try to diffuse some of the misnomers about canine sports. It's not all that hard, not terribly time consuming or even all that expensive. Taking time out of your busy schedule to put smiles on the faces of others, well, that is admirable, and, in hindsight, I can see how much more rewarding it feels as opposed to bringing home ribbons for having a great time with your dog.

#13 ·
I deleted some content that added nothing to the topic. Please, back on topic.

@MineAreWorkingline, please feel free to ask the question I deleted in a new thread.

Thank you,

ADMIN Lisa

Reactions: Frisco19
This post has been deleted
#14 ·
I don’t usually get involved in board squabbles but I’m very concerned that this thread blew up due to a misunderstanding by Selzer which she has apologized for. She was then incorrectly criticized by someone who really had no need to so, and now suddenly it’s MAWL’s fault? I’m surprised at the criticism over the reporting function. It’s there for a very good reason. Selzer has said she doesn’t use it but even if she had, why is that a problem? If the report function should not be used, then why is it there? The mods have even said they like to get reports because they alert them to problems they haven’t seen yet.
They aren't saying don't use it. Frisco is saying that someone is reporting to him what members are "notorious" for reporting and why they report. I want to know where he is getting that knowledge. Sometimes it can be quite obvious from a thread's content who most likely is reporting and why but at other times it is not so clear.

I want to know if the reporting process is anonymous or if the mods are free to divulge that information. I understand that sometimes to address an issue that obvious parties may be discussed as an effective and efficient manner of remediation of an issue, but where is the line drawn?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.