German Shepherds Forum banner

It was a nice day to be outside

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  car2ner 
#1 ·
https://vimeo.com/367437125 so far we have GEO obedience, ( good enough obedience) but even though we don't plan to pick up a title I believe it is still valuable to work and play as if you could. I think there are good practical reasons for clean outs, quick recall and prompt downs.

#4 ·
Nice day here too.We walked for a while between the soy bean field and the woods behind our house.Our 'Geo' was calling Samson off of a flock of turkeys and a couple of stays as I continued down the path.The smell of pine trees and fallen leaves was wonderful today.

Reactions: car2ner
#8 ·
I took Nyx out for a run on the beach at the river yesterday, but couldn't find a spot where there were no deer. She's not yet been around them enough to have learned SOLIDLY not to chase, and I don't want her to have a chance to practice bad behavior. The little one in the picture was standing about 15 ft from my car, and as I stood there I watched 3 of them hide in a little clump of bushes near my car. So once I put Nyx back in the car I had to go and get a picture!

Attachments

#9 ·
Cute! I see the eyes peeping out!

Deer around here are so bold...they walk around on people's front lawns, munching on their gardens. They would not bother to hide. We have passed herds of them standing by the road...Rumo is so used to them, he alerts and then just keeps walking and sniffing mailboxes!

#11 ·
I put the babies out before church this morning and fed them, then ran in and fed the rest of my crew, jumped in the shower and got to church 10 minutes late.

I came home after the first ball game, and mowed the lawn and fed the babies again. It was beautiful today. The fall colors are awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.