German Shepherds Forum banner

Dogs playing

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  LRP 
#1 ·
Finally figured out how to upload a video! Well, the link anyway. The dogs playing outback while I’m waiting for DH’s lazy butt to wake up.

https://youtu.be/rjgm0dPYAkE

#3 ·
Ah, that looks like my living room, back when I still had Russ, LOL. I yell, hey you guys, knock it off. They'd stop, stare at me, and then dive on each other. Dogs. Just like a bunch of grade school boys.

#4 ·
They are like a bunch of grade school kids! They take turns picking on one, this time it was Floki. Then it will be Crios that Seiran and Floki are tag teaming. No one gangs up on Seiran though, smart guys! Lol. Lyka was laying at my feet, she’s happy to lay and watch, and if any of them let out a yip, she goes and breaks the crowd up and puts them all back into line. It’s one of the most enjoyable things for me to watch. Now if I could get them to stop play wrestling in that same spot, maybe I can get the grass growing there again!

#5 ·
LOL... my husband wont even bother with the grass in the backyard. The pups keeping digging new holes chasing the gophers. They have a few random patches but overall its a large lot of dirt. Good for them, bad for me. It usually means I have muddy paw prints all over my kitchen floors since summer time means pool time, add the dirt = mud :(

#6 ·
@LRP, I feel you on the summer thing. We have a huge yard broken into sections, and that is the one place they insist on wrestling in, then jumping in the pool, then wrestling until they are nice and muddy, and then run inside with the zoomies and ruin the floors and furniture. Lucky for us, we have ugly tile, and our furniture that guests use is leather, so easy cleanup, but it does get annoying. I told DH yesterday that I couldn’t wait for winter just so I could mop and have clean floors for more than 15 minutes! And I’m seriously considering just getting the fake turf and laying that down, they’ve gotten great at making it look and feel like real grass! But I haven’t researched how well it holds up to dogs.

#7 ·
I looked into the fake turf. I have heard really good things about how well it holds up BUT it gets really hot with direct sun. With our 100+ degree summers here and the fact the sun would beat down on it all day. They would lose their options of having cool areas to nap in/on.

Besides the mud inside it drives me insane walking outside because you get covered in the soft dirt which is what we have from them running on it all day. Your feet are always dirty and you usually have a paw print or 2 (or 5 :)) on you from them running around you playing. Our garage with laundry is outside so its a constant battle I deal with.

#9 ·
We built an air conditioned dog house because we have 115+ in the summers here. It was incredibly easy, we just got a used window unit off craigslist for 30 bucks. Cut and installed it on one of the walls. Added those heavy plastic strips they use for industrial freezers, and then split sunshade material over that so it wasn’t sunny inside. The older dogs still use it, and won’t let the pups inside, so we may be building another for next summer! I think altogether it cost a little under $100 to build. Doesn’t include the cost of paint though, because I’ve yet to paint it! lol They are crazy expensive to buy, but really easy to make for not much money comparatively.

#10 ·
We put the dogs in what we all call the “airlock” so I could do some PT without dogs crawling all over me. DH just sent me these photos, too cute not to share! And there is Floki refusing to cooperate with DH, even for picture purposes ?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.