Here I go again..... - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Here I go again.....

Hi All!
Last week I posted a pic of a pup asking if she was long, plush or stock. I also included pics of her parents. The breeder didn’t know what she would turn out to look like, nor was he licensed. I’ve decided to keep looking. I came across a licensed breeder and she has 2 male plush coats available. But, I do not think she is sure of the parents are plush coat carriers. I am going to post a picture of the pup, his mom and his dad. Mom is tan and black, Dad is black. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2A6F1AA8-B341-4D11-9A62-77F88C5AD236_1555409583319.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	754.9 KB
ID:	520145   Click image for larger version

Name:	0F1A7373-82A9-49E1-A75C-59543A5F8392_1555409592149.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	520147  
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:58 AM
Elite Member

The pup's eyes are different. One looks a lot smaller than the other.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Yes! I noticed that too. That concerns me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

His brothers eyes are both normal, but the breeder told me the brother is quite ornery. The one I was “supposed” to look at is the more calm of the two she said and very sweet.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:22 AM

I assumed the pup was winking. Maybe a little dirt in the eye. Nice to see how calm the pup is in the arms of a small child. Many pups would be trying to squirm around and chew on the little girl's hair! Of course if the rest of the litter is ornery, it could come out in this little guy as well when he gets near dog adolescence. You need to be ready to deal with that.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Thank you. Yes, I’m ready for that. I have a 3 year old boy GS already. He went through his terrible two’s haha. At 3 he’s actually pretty calm. I had a bad experience with the breeder I got him from. My boy was not in good shape at all and cost me a lot in medical. Finally at 3, he’s turning a corner. Finally a solid 85 pounds and healthy! A lot of vet visits and trial and errors on foods and probiotics.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkirk View Post
The pup's eyes are different. One looks a lot smaller than the other.
Out of curiosity I just googled some articles on different sized eyes/pupils and the causes.

I would want some assurance that the breeder has had the puppy examined by a qualified

vet opthamologist to figure out the cause of this. Vet articles say it could be neurological,

trauma induced, tumor, infections, etc. IMO the breeder should not be brushing this off without

having puppy seen by a vet. My suggestion is Look it up yourself to see if you want to proceed.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Thank you. I also looked it up. I am not going to proceed. My current boy cost me thousands of dollars, I don’t want to go through that again. Appreciate all the help.
Orphan Heidi likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:41 AM
Elite Member

Where are you located? People here can recommend good breeders. It's looks you have visited 2 Backyard Breeders so far ( I may be wrong, just shows the signs of it). Is it possible to up your budget on the initial purchase price to give yourself a health tested puppy of definitely known lineage? It will put the risk factor for genetic health issues (and even some non genetic issues just due to proper husbandry) and temperament issues way way down. This is something you can usually achieve at a base of 1500. Figure 1500 to 2000. A dog in that range not only should have health testing and a 3 generation pedigree with known dogs in it, but will also come with a health guarantee for a period of time and the option of returning to the breeder down the road if deemed to be the best option for you.
Orphan Heidi likes this.

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

I’m from Illinois. Chicagoland area. I found this lady on the AKC website. She was supposed to have done testing and such. I am talking with an accredited breeder now. She charges $1,500- $1,800 per pup. She may have 2 available males. Wish me luck!
CometDog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page