German Shepherds Forum banner

Bella has arrived

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Lionsc 
#1 · (Edited)
Brought home Ozzy’s littermate/sister. So left not looking back. Lots to work on with her but her temperament is what I expected. Such a sweetheart but no clue on house life. I was told she was dog aggressive which is not the case more reactive. Tell her no and responds very well. Ozzy was the same as a pup but took care of that right away and he has no issues.
Ozzy has been awesome with her. They can walk together but no loose time for awhile.
Environmental is an issue but recovery is quick and responsive. Living a life in a kennel no interaction with anything and still has a great temperament.
Will work with her and find her the perfect home working or pet either way she will make a great companion.

Ozzy is the one in the kennel, tried putting her in but she went nuts trying to jump over. She lived a majority of her life in a kennel. She will learn it’s a nice quiet place instead of a home.

#6 ·
First night perfect in the crate. Very little appetite, previous owner said after her first season her appetite went way down. She gets 10 min to eat if she doesn’t it taken away til next meal. She will learn.

Yes, she is beautiful and no worries I will make sure the right home is found.

#9 · (Edited)
She is doing very well with new environment always willing to check it out and move on. Had her at the playground she went up the stairs and walked over the swinging bridge. Very alert to her surroundings no reactive just watchful. Just need to show her stuff. She has not been exposed to much at all so she is doing awesome.
Ozzy is fine with her, she gets very excited and a bit nippy but very receptive and responsive to a verbal no and looks at you like oh I’m sorry.
Ozzy won’t miss her when she find the right home. He’s all about let’s work work work.

#10 · (Edited)
That’s what I love about Max he focus will never waiver on me but will still have a nice relationship with other dogs in the house and that will not ever jeopardize his engagement with me at all. Not in the slightest or even the slightest of slightest. Lol! Great to see how he powers through distractions even with his friend out there trying to distract him to play and I enjoy seeing where his priorities are naturally . My first gsd who actually trained to make a real paycheck would never even acknowledge any other animal in the home even if they were relaxing - he would look right through them like they were not there - that drove my female collie nuts. No interest in smelling them checking them out when first bringing him home. Never saw that before. When I moved out he moved with me into a house with three cats - they loved him. I don’t think I ever had a dog that did not mind cats as less as he did lol!

#11 · (Edited)
Bella is doing awesome. Coming so far in a short period of time. Her and her brother are now together loose. He of course being a male her being the bitch. He is soooooo good with her, patient as can be. Now, he has not been with other dogs ever. Trained to ignore. He let’s her take his bones which I don’t like so she gets corrected. Each have their own and plenty to choose from but she has to have his, but if he went to take her she gives the look and he walks away. We don’t allow rough housing so she is learning to chill with him, him with her. Mind you she has never been around dogs as well and is reactive but she just needs to be taught boundaries and learning quick.

Bella will be evaluated for service dog work so we shall see. She is a great female and if it doesn’t work out she stays til the right home is found.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.