Hronek z Weberhaus - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
For sure. I don't know the technical term for handlers of littermates. It is probably like second-cousins, twice-removed which I can never get right.

Malinda is still making her final determination on which pup but she told me last night that she is 99% sure. I'm trying super hard not to get attached before it is officially official.

I tend to hate facebook but I think the pup is going to get his own facebook account so I can keep up with the Weberhaus family.
Fun!!!! Let us know as soon as you know! And yeah, I am a Marketing Director so Facebook is part of my day to day job, but I tend to stick to the GSD and dog sport groups. She has a group where everyone talks about their Weberhaus dogs and I've loved getting to chat with other customers of hers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MacKenzie - Workling Line Female (In Loving Memory)
Wolfram - West German Showline Male [SG1, CGC, DDN, CN, EN, IN, VN]
Bash - Working Line Puppy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 08:27 AM
Crowned Member

He certainly has the genetics for PSA if the right pup. Malinda is very good breeder and Im sure is recommending the right pup. Btw, are both testicles down?
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 08:32 AM

wow, I'd love to see how you progress through PSA. It is nothing I have the time or talent or the dogs who could do it but I am intrigued by the whole concept of PSA. This little guy looks charning.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffson1 View Post
He certainly has the genetics for PSA if the right pup. Malinda is very good breeder and Im sure is recommending the right pup. Btw, are both testicles down?
I think when I was talking to Malinda about what I wanted my exact words were "I want a psycho ****head." She said she actually wanted to keep him but then remembered what I told her.

I was pretty specific about what I was looking for. High prey, good aggression, good defensive foundation, great engagement, insanely confident. She said that at 6 weeks he's already fighting back against her when she tests the pups and he has a vendetta against her pant legs. I'm confident she's found me my little jerkface. <3

She hasn't said anything about testicles so I'm not concerned. I'm sure she's checked and he'll go in for a vet check the day after he gets home.

I am pumped!!!!

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2ner View Post
wow, I'd love to see how you progress through PSA. It is nothing I have the time or talent or the dogs who could do it but I am intrigued by the whole concept of PSA. This little guy looks charning.
I'll keep y'all updated on how we do! I'm insanely blessed to have some incredible PSA competitors near by and we have two clubs around the DFW area. It's a huge commitment, we have club twice a week and tend to do impromptu days, too. And there's obviously a lot of working at home, too. But I'm in love with it! Decoying has been a blast and I don't think I've ever felt as welcomed into any other dog sport.

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 10:00 PM

@kimbale

https://www.germanshepherds.com/foru...aus-codex.html

Turned out to be blue, since you were following the litter. He's awesome.

kimbale likes this.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
@kimbale

https://www.germanshepherds.com/foru...aus-codex.html

Turned out to be blue, since you were following the litter. He's awesome.

Awesome!!! I can't wait to get my little guy home! I'm headed to Mexico tomorrow for a family vacation so Malinda is holding onto him until I get back. Going to get him on the 16th!

I met two others who got siblings via the Weberhaus group on Facebook and we're all going to keep one another updated on the pups. You should join the group, even if you do nothing else on FB!

post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:02 AM

Another pup to watch grow.

My girl does IPO but could easily transition to PSA (we may try for our PCD). Great genetics and Malinda is wonderful to work with.
kimbale likes this.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:33 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbale View Post
Welp! After searching for nearly a year, talking to breeders, having a breeding fall through and continuing to look for that ideal pup, I have found him!

I have had a deposit in with Weberhaus for several months, and was planning to bring a pup home about 3 months from now. I'm specifically looking for a PSA prospect as I am a member of K9 Working Dogs of Dallas and have been doing some decoy work for them and have just fallen in love with the sport. Well, Malinda gets ahold of me and tells me she has a little jerkface of a pup in a current litter that needs to go to an experienced home and would be excellent for PSA...and I couldn't resist. When it's the right pup you've got to jump!

So, here he is! Hronek z Weberhaus! I'm still deciding on a call name but am leaning towards Bash. We are going to have a stupid amount of fun together! He is 7 weeks right now and I will be picking him up at 10 weeks.

Breeding: https://us.working-dog.com/breed/z-W...yTbnXk1--ZKEyM

Can you share a little about your PSA club's philosophy on the type of bite they teach their dogs and why? I don't mean the location on the suit, but the mechanism of the bite and why they choose it and for what reason.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Blasiole View Post
Can you share a little about your PSA club's philosophy on the type of bite they teach their dogs and why? I don't mean the location on the suit, but the mechanism of the bite and why they choose it and for what reason.
Chip,

Can you explain a bit more about what you're looking for when you say mechanics. I am admittedly still learning a lot about the sport and don't want to misspeak.

In regards to PSA, what I've been taught regarding what you're looking for in a bite is pretty similar to IPO in regards to a full and firm grip. The primary difference is wanting a dog to push into the decoy rather than pull away. For example, with a bicep bite I've been taught that you want the dog to basically wrap it's front legs around your waist/leg and clamp down with a full grip on the bicep. Because of that I've been told to reward the pup when he pushes in on the bite jute rather than when he pulls away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page