German Shepherds Forum banner

Videoclip from some of our trainings

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BigOzzy2018 
#1 ·
5 year old male, Certified SAR dog, AD, BH, IPO3, BSL2, AKKL1, RRP1
Different types of tracking, search in snow and in the forest. Some protection work at the end.
Absolutely not perfect, but I think he’s doing a great job in many ways. He is versatile and willing to work, and he has lots of energy, maybe to much in tracking. He is a big boy, almost 45 kg, and quite hard to hold back for me ?

#5 ·
Love it. The hard surface tracking is amazing. Great to see a dog so versatile. Looks wise he resembles my 18 month old. Don't know if it is still the same here, but decades ago our local schutzhund club wanted to start training for SAR but most agencies would not certify dogs with bite work. Sad. Will look forward to seeing more!

Reactions: HHH
#8 ·
It is only one organization that certifies SAR dogs here in Norway, and all assignments are given by the police or the main rescue center. There are no rules that say that an IPO dog cannot also be approved within SAR, but it is not so common. Mostly because it takes a long time to educate them both, and I think mine is the only one at the moment who has IPO3 and a certified SAR dog.

#9 ·
Very nice dog. Love his versatility and the you two share a wonderful relationship. Agree with the others about how amazing his focus is in the urban tracking. What is his breeding?

Reactions: HHH
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.