Feeding the local wildlife... (not GSD related) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Doubleminttwin
Feeding the local wildlife... (not GSD related)

Ever since we moved into our apartment there has been a big toad that hangs out on or below our steps, every night he shows up and sometimes stays all day. We have kinda gotten attatched to this little guy and he looked hungry tonight so we took some of the geckos meal worms and gave him a snack

Dinner time, starring Froggers AKA Mr. Toad!

*~Jen~*
“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.” Dr. Seuss

Baya 6/29/09

Ask me about: Leopard Geckos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Knighted Member

Re: Feeding the local wildlife... (not GSD related)

Kewl!!!!!

Something tells me that he will safely survive the winter all right!

Kate
Dublin and Gracie (RIP)
Timer (RIP)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Guinness Tennessee Porch Hound

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Roxie Shennannigan

RILEY

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Haha I hope so, hes such a cool little guy (or girl, I'm sexist lol) Right before he goes to eat he makes this weird suction/popping noise, its so funny!

*~Jen~*
“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.” Dr. Seuss

Baya 6/29/09

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Crowned Member

*Cute*

Have the same thing around here & Mr. Shadow knows Mr. Toad sits outside the door at night so, he is always trying to find/spot him before going to potty !

My 2 geckos said, you could have shared with them instead of that darn toad.............. LOL They don't get mealies anymore since way back I lost a AFT to feeding way to many mealies. She got impacted or something b/c her belly swelled up & no poo, she was kept on paper towels. Just crickets now.

~Jen~

Sable~ GSD NJP, OJP, NAP, NAJ, NA, TN-N, NAC, NJC, CGC
Shadow~ BGSD *Adopted* RN, CGC
Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:19 PM

I love him!!

What kind of gecko do you have? We have two leopard geckos (among other reptile beasties) right now, which are awesome. =)

Dante vom Mittelwest (Jones) - 10/26/08
Vegas vom Kerschberger (Ziva) - 9/18/10
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: LuvourGSs*Cute*

Have the same thing around here & Mr. Shadow knows Mr. Toad sits outside the door at night so, he is always trying to find/spot him before going to potty !

My 2 geckos said, you could have shared with them instead of that darn toad.............. LOL They don't get mealies anymore since way back I lost a AFT to feeding way to many mealies. She got impacted or something b/c her belly swelled up & no poo, she was kept on paper towels. Just crickets now.
O I love african fat tails! Our friend has two of them and they have such expressive faces! What geckos do you have? I would love to see pics! Haha our geckos are such fatties that they can afford to share w/froggers and your babies. Although we just lost our one of our geckos last night, no clue what the cause was, she stopped eating for a few weeks, we got her the reptiaid and she was doing good... who knows, they are so hard to read some times! It might have been mealworms if that was your problem, maybe we will take the others off of them for a while to be safe! Good thing they love supers and crickets too (MOOO lol)

O and Baya always tries to "play" with him when she goes out too lol they are lucky frogs that we are so diligent!

*~Jen~*

Baya 6/29/09

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: PuffinGirlI love him!!

What kind of gecko do you have? We have two leopard geckos (among other reptile beasties) right now, which are awesome. =)
We have leos too! Do you have pics here are our babies!

The orignial three
R.I.P Rhea!

From left to right Psyche, Rhea and Eros

We bred two of them and heres their family tree

Babies!

Mom and the daughter we kept! Nyx and Psyche

Haha kind of a leo geek if you can't tell, I love reptiles!

*~Jen~*

Baya 6/29/09

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:32 PM

They are GORGEOUS! I don't have pictures, unfortunately, but they're both leucistics. The female looks a lot like pretty Rhea. They're such awesome pets.

I'm a huge reptile lover too - we also have two beardies, a Russian tortoise, and a very old fire belly toad (he likes to be included in the group).

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: PuffinGirlThey are GORGEOUS! I don't have pictures, unfortunately, but they're both leucistics. The female looks a lot like pretty Rhea. They're such awesome pets.

I'm a huge reptile lover too - we also have two beardies, a Russian tortoise, and a very old fire belly toad (he likes to be included in the group).
for no pics but it sounds like you have quite the crew! WHen I get out of school and have more room (not have to pack everyone up all the time lol) I was thinking about getting a beardi, Ive seen a few of them and they look so sweet but slightly intimidating, do you have a favorite type? I need to google Russian tortoise and see what they look like!

I really like the luesistics, I love how many patterns leos come in!

*~Jen~*

Baya 6/29/09

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 11:43 PM

Beardies are fun, but they get fairly large, and are a bit more expensive to keep. We have them both in Vision cages, which are amazing cages, but expensive. They can easily eat 50 crickets in a sitting, so that adds up too. =) The German Giants are my favorite type of beardie, because they get extra big. =)

The Russian tortoise is a great starter tortoise. They stay small, and are relatively hardy. Ours is very outgoing and adventurous. =)

If I had more space, I would love to get a Sulcata tortoise. We've talked about getting one, and then moving him out into the backyard when he got bigger, but it would make me nervous that I had an animal I couldn't easily move if there was an emergency.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page