Alaska Wildlife up close and personal - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Alaska Wildlife up close and personal

Here are some photos of a crazy moose we had hanging around our house for a couple of days. On two separate occasions she walked to literally 5 feet of us. We were standing right outside our garage so we hurried inside and watched her from the doorway. She had no fear what so ever of us. Moose typically will not get that close to people. She was a really young moose so we think her mother must have died and someone in our neighborhood was feeding her. So she associated people with lunch. It was quite scary. I was a nervous wreck knowing she was out there and no fear of us or dogs. I watched her literally walk with a couple of feet of our neighbor's dogs and not even flinch as there were going crazy trying to get to her. After a couple of days she just stopped coming around.

So here is a few up close and personal pictures of her. (My favorite is the one with the tongue hanging out).

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy them

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your DOG. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~ Anonymous

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Alaska Wildlife up close and personal

Is that a young one that momma has encouraged sometimes none to gently to take a hike so she can have time for her new baby that will be born in a little while.

Val

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Crowned Member

Aww, she is adorable, but intimidating at the same time. Her ears remind me of Onyx!

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Wisc.TigerIs that a young one that momma has encouraged sometimes none to gently to take a hike so she can have time for her new baby that will be born in a little while.

Val
My dh said no because she was very small and there was one living down near the base (we live about 2 miles from the gate) whose mother had died and he seemed to think it could have been her.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your DOG. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~ Anonymous

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Crowned Member

Awww hope the poor little one survives without momma!

Kathy

URO3,UCD Aleshanee Windridge "Kayos" CD,TDX,RE,CGC,HIC,TC
PTE,AG2,AN,URO3,UCD Xtra!Xtra! V TeMar "Havoc" CDX,GN,RE,CGC,HIC,TC,BH
UACH,URO1 Tidmores Rising Star Lydia "Mayhem" CD,BN,AX,OAJ,NF,RE,HT,TC,CGC,

Bridge
Lucky, Wolf, Max
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 01:07 AM
Knighted Member

Thats the longest legged GSD I have ever seen LOL j/k

I like the tongue pic too!

~Alison

Shadow-10 year old GSD (03-16-99)
Duchess-4 year old GSD (11/04)
Gianna vom Wildhaus-GSD (3-2-09)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 12:36 PM

Cute but sad, hope she survives. The pics are wonderful, thanks for sharing!

Have dog, will travel...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page