German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazilian Fila: As a protection dog

19K views 80 replies 20 participants last post by  Dalko43 
#1 ·
It is my long term dream to own big live stock guardian breeds or mastiffs that are naturally protective.
Unfortunately now the circumstances don't permit. So I indulge myself only by reserching about these breeds.

Recently I did some research on the Fila Brasileiro also known as the Brazilian Mastiff.
One of the unique characteristics of this breed is the Portuguese word "Ojeriza", which directly translated into English means dislike and distrust.

They bond closely to their family, but have extreme disturst with strangers ehich make them effective guard dogs. They attack by jumping and holding the adversary in the face. They were originally developed to hold the prey, rather than tearing the prey apart.

Has any body in this fourm trained a Fila?

#2 ·
It's my understanding that all mastiffs are protective of their families. One of the guys that work for me has had a lot of old English mastiffs and said that they have all been pretty distrustful of strangers.

#4 ·
One of the worse breeds to have if you expect ANY interaction with new people. They have a 6 month window (read somewhere) for socialization, and after that good luck trying to get them to be ok with new people. Not a breed for anyone that doesn't live on a 1000 acre ranch.

#6 ·
I'd rather have my 75lb lean quick gsd than a 100lb mastiff. Also I'd rather have a dog that is neutral to everyone that i can light up easily than one that is naturally distrustful and I have to fight against every time I go for a walk. I dont know much about the fila but they dont seem like the ideal candidate for a PPD. Then again everyone will have their own goals and preferences.

#8 ·
The way that reads it sounds like they weren't a permanent home for the dog? Any details of what happened.

A couple years ago i heard about this guy who was crossing filas, dogos, and pit bulls trying to make the ultimate guard dog.

My impression was that it would be safer to put a little bottle rocket where the sun don't shine then be around that cross.

#11 ·
Interesting to note that unlike other breeds, the Fila breeders did not change the type of their breed in order to make them more suitable for a wider class of owners. They chose to stick to preserve the basic characteristic of their breed, although that meant their breed would be less popular than other more docile large breeds.

Even the show judges, respected and encouraged to preserve the nature of Fila. Something that did not happen for Dobes.

#14 ·
I find few things quite remarkable about the filas and the breed enthusiasts

1. Although Fila entered show ring, but the breed did not undergo much change from its original type. Eg. In almost all the large breeds which went to shows, the antomy has undergone substantial change (except for Filas). For almost all other show line dogs the rear of the dog is Not substantially higher than wither. That would in fact be considered as quite undesirable in many show line breeds including GSDs. But in Fila's even the show dogs are high in the rear. That's accepted as the type.

2. The temperament of the Fila was not changed or softened. The show world accepted the Fila the way it is.
In that way the breed has been very lucky that it was not changed for commercial or glamour reasons.

#18 ·
I'm guessing lawsuits were not a thing when the Fila was being developed. Yes, this is a GSD forum, and most of us were drawn to the shepherd breeds because of their extreme love of people, especially "their" people, coupled with protective instincts, trainability, intelligence, versatility, and physical beauty.

So, I don't think it's too surprising that some people on this forum would not be drawn to Filas, a dog who attacks people in the face, for just being there and has the power to kill a full grown human without the control to be called off or discernment not to go after everyone. Needs a very special handler, and lots of management. Not my thing, and maybe it's fine if dogs of this nature are bred out of existence.

I like wolves, admire them and respect them. This does not mean I want one as a pet or in my home. Or that I'd trust one around my children.

Just because a dog retains it's true "working lineage" does not mean it is a good dog. If that working lineage entails mauling strangers, poor trainability, and little connection to humans, including the handler, well, that's not a dog that I'd like to encounter. The only use for a dog like that is to keep it on a short chain protecting treasure. I just can't see any utility to a Fila in today's society.

It's an animal. With instincts, and weighs 100 lbs. Because I respect that, I don't have any illusions.

Fila's are statistically a very dangerous and deadly breed for humans. Know what you are getting into and be realistic in expectations.

#19 ·
I'm guessing lawsuits were not a thing when the Fila was being developed. Yes, this is a GSD forum, and most of us were drawn to the shepherd breeds because of their extreme love of people, especially "their" people, coupled with protective instincts, trainability, intelligence, versatility, and physical beauty.

So, I don't think it's too surprising that some people on this forum would not be drawn to Filas, a dog who attacks people in the face, for just being there and has the power to kill a full grown human without the control to be called off or discernment not to go after everyone. Needs a very special handler, and lots of management. Not my thing, and maybe it's fine if dogs of this nature are bred out of existence.
You really need to take a deep breath and realize that it's okay to talk about other breeds on this forum. I think we're all GSD enthusiasts, so our admiration, and even preference, for that breed is implicitly understood. That shouldn't preclude us from having conversations about other types of dogs though.

Also, have you lived with or even met a single Fila, let alone many? I suspect that you haven't. What makes you think that they are naturally inclined to "attack people in the face" or that they need to be "bred out of existence?" Seems like an overly extreme and knee-jerk reaction based on anecdotal evidence and a few bad new stories.

I like wolves, admire them and respect them. This does not mean I want one as a pet or in my home. Or that I'd trust one around my children.

Just because a dog retains it's true "working lineage" does not mean it is a good dog. If that working lineage entails mauling strangers, poor trainability, and little connection to humans, including the handler, well, that's not a dog that I'd like to encounter. The only use for a dog like that is to keep it on a short chain protecting treasure. I just can't see any utility to a Fila in today's society.

It's an animal. With instincts, and weighs 100 lbs. Because I respect that, I don't have any illusions.

Fila's are statistically a very dangerous and deadly breed for humans. Know what you are getting into and be realistic in expectations.
Comparing Fila's to wolves...
Mauling strangers...
Poor trainability...
Do you have any evidence or better yet, first-hand experience, to back up these subjective assertions?

Your last comment (in bold) yields itself to an interesting point though: According to dogsbite.org (which isn't necessarily the most neutral source when it comes to this stuff, but still it's better than nothing), there are many other breeds which rank over the Fila when it comes to attacks on humans.

Report is referenced here: Dog Attack Deaths and Maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to December 31, 2014 - By Merritt Clifton - DogsBite.org

And can be read in full here: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/dog-attack-deaths-maimings-merritt-clifton-2014.pdf

Akitas, Chows, Husky's, Pitbulls, Dobermans, Boxers and, you guessed it, even GSD's (that's only naming a few) all inflicted far more injuries than this so-called "face-attacking" Fila did. Now, I grant you, the Fila is much less common than most of these other breeds. All the same, the Fila has 5 confirmed human injuries associated with it in the US over a 32 year period....the GSD, and breed mixes, has over 150 confirmed injuries in that same time period. But according to you, Fila's are the ones we really need to watch out for.....I think you're getting a little full of yourself there.

#21 ·
I don't really have a dog in this fight as I am a dirty rotten pit bull lover - the most dangerous "breed" according to statistics... Though to be fair there are MILLIONS of pit and pit mixes in the US. Probably less than 1000 filas...

I have serious reservations about Filas.

Here are some quotes from a Fila breeder's website:

The feature that perhaps is at first sight the most apparent in a Fila brasileiro's temperament is the “ojeriza” to strangers (ojeriza = sharp aversion). On the contrary to other puppies, a Fila brasileiro puppy is not inclined to playing relaxed with anyone. He attaches himself quickly to those with whom he lives but is, however, from his earliest youth suspicious of persons he does not know. Suspicion may make him irritated and annoyed and to some extent even make him growl with a certain amount of aggression, but yet without sufficient self-confidence to attack. In the course of his development the aversion against strangers will become more and more apparent. Already as a puppy the Fila brasileiro will clearly show his displeasure if a stranger would try to touch him. At about the age of one year the Fila brasileiro would surely attack any person unknown to him who would try to touch him.
Each individual dog reaches its ojeriza at a different time, usually at the age of 6-12 months, and this will be the point of no return: from the playful puppy you will get a loyal companion for the family and a deadly enemy for strangers. The mature Fila brasileiro takes over his/her role as your personal protector, from threats great or small. If offended by anybody or anything, he/she will be there to take one step forward, to growl a deep growl and stare at the offender in a most hostile way. A false move, and in a flash, before anyone could blink, your Fila brasileiro will jump up into the air and grab the bad guy’s face or throat, knocking him down to the ground, holding him still. The offender is usually not hurt at all, but is held firmly. Something that is so cool about the breed and is such a credit to them is that the response is mostly equal to the offence. This is not a breed of dog that will go overboard or lose its head easily, if properly raised. However, God save the guys who come into your house uninvited or behave in a threatening way towards you! An agitated or restless disposition in a Fila brasileiro is highly undesirable as it may be a symptom of nervousness and insecurity. One must remember that the Fila brasileiro needs provocation in order to attack, for example, when an unknown person stares at him fixedly as a challenge. Here it becomes evident another typical feature of the Fila brasileiro: his courage will not allow him to move one step back when facing a provocation of any kind. No matter which instrument is used for the attack, the Fila brasileiro's reaction is always prompt, spontaneous, and without any sign of insecurity. He throws himself forward and upwards attempting to reach the face or the throat of the aggressor.
Of course, his aversion towards persons he does not know demands certain precautions and may bring some disadvantages. A Fila brasileiro must be under control before guests come into the house! At a show, if the judge would focus on his eyes or would try to touch the dog, he might take the risk of an attack. All this belongs to the personality of the Fila brasileiro, these reactions are essential to the breed.
Fila Brasileiro

As the owner of a genetically aggressive breed (pit bulls luckily they've been selected for animal aggression not human) I am aware of this most unfortunate trend of irresponsible owners wanting the biggest baddest dogs possible for some reason and for soft owners wanting to love the "misunderstood" breeds better. Yes pit bulls attack and kill people, however the US population of pit bulls is literally several MILLION dogs. There can't be more then a few thousand Filas here.

If Filas were as popular as pit bulls- it would be worse then that show "Zoo"

#22 · (Edited)
This is a quote from the Fila Brasileiro Breed Standards

"It is a courageous, determined and daring dog. It does not hide its aversion to strangers, or its traditional tenderness to its owners and family. Consequently, it is an unsurpassed watch dog in the cities, and an excellent herding dog and a hunter of big animals on farms. As a result of its temperament, at dog shows it does not allow the judge(a stranger) to touch it. And if it attacks the judge, such a reaction must not be considered a fault, but only a confirmation of its temperament. At temperament tests, obligatory for dogs over one year old at shows, the Fila attack must be in an ascending diagonal, in front of handler and without showing dependence from him."

This is not a dog for 90% of the people out there. I have a soft spot for large mollosser type dogs. I have owned them before. I have met many Presa, Dogo Argentino, etc. I have taken bites from Presa Canarios and I have spent the night in a hotel room with a strange Presa that was PP trained. She was a great dog. I also met (in as much as one can "meet") a few Filas. Owners were essentially isolating themselves from others at the place because they were worried their dogs would bite if anyone came within range.

I can see some very limited use for this breed. But for the most part, it is not a breed that most people can own responsibility.

#23 ·
I also met a few Filas. Owners were essentially isolating themselves from others at the place because they were worried their dogs would bite if anyone came within range.
This is exactly what concerns me. What type of life is that with a dog that you can't even have near people?

I don't trust molosser and pit bulls for protection work. There is a reason that modern police and military forces the world over choose herding breeds for man work. It's the genetic obedience.

#24 · (Edited)
Lol...90% of the dog-owning public shouldn't be owning working line GSD's or Malinois either. Heck, I don't think that most families should be owning working line Border Collies; they tend to be neurotic PITA's in households where they aren't actively employed to herd something. I think some of the stuff that's being said here amounts to nothing more than truisms.

And as for the all the comments about how the breed has "limited use" or how its genetic aversion to strangers is an issue, you all probably need to keep in mind where this breed came from. Brazil has one of the worst crime rates in the world. It also has a lot of pastoral communities, where such a breed likely comes in handy for livestock protection.

The breed definitely had a functional heritage, and still does it sounds like. Any average family looking to own this dog should do some self-analysis on their needs and capabilities....but that should go without saying for pretty much any dog.

I just can't stand the hype and hysteria that some people foster in these types of threads. Throwing out labels like "face-attacking" and "statistically dangerous." It's a dog...if you don't feel you can handle the responsibility of owning one, don't own it. This isn't rocket science.

#29 ·
It's a dog...if you don't feel you can handle the responsibility of owning one, don't own it.
"It's a dog" denotes nothing special when the reality is that some breeds are just plain, inherently dangerous. Stating "it's a dog" sends out an unrealistic and dangerous message as if the breed requires no more than a pet Beagle.

. I got a quote for new windows. The guy shows up, I place Remi on his place, the guy is in my house for 30 minutes. He walks around, measures, etc. Remi doesn't move. Guy gets up and leaves. I did this with a plumber also. Say I had a fila, could I do this? Based on what I have read, and heard from owners, the likelihood is no. Say the plumber decided to wack me over the head with a wrench. And I had a fila in another room locked up because I couldn't trust him with strangers coming into the house. What good is it for me to have that dog for protection?
There is no way I would trust some of my dogs to stay in "place" while a stranger wandered the home or property. I know I am not alone with this. I know many that would not / could not trust their serious WL GSDs not to bite in such a situation. I know of somebody whose dog broke place and attacked a visiting family member when the dog felt that the rowdy visitor was a threat to the family. Thankfully, due to quick action by the owner, there was minimal damage and the family member opted not to sue.

If you think about it, if you trust your dog not to break place, then what good is he if the plumber attacked you? After all, if he were trained through distractions, he should not break place, and if personal protection trained, in most cases, he should not attack without your command. How does that help you as the plumber strikes you and renders you incapable of speech, just sayin'. Then you might say, well the dog was trained to break place and attack if he saw the owner being accosted or attacked. How would the dog distinguish between a plumber hitting the owner with a pipe wrench vs the plumber swinging it around near the owner as he talked with his hands? Sounds like a lawsuit in the making.

On the other hand, if I mistrusted any contractor to that point, I would simply leash my dog, warn the contractors about the dog, and then just let them do their work.

#32 ·
That's an accurate description according to who? You saw it on a breeder's website? I can't even begin to recount how many times I've seen overblown, exaggerated garbage posted on breeder's websites...go out there and meet breeders or owners of the dog and see how it is for yourself.

Make your own judgments instead of relying on the internet "expertise" that is so often prevalent on these types of threads.

"It's a dog" denotes nothing special when the reality is that some breeds are just plain, inherently dangerous. Stating "it's a dog" sends out an unrealistic and dangerous message as if the breed requires no more than a pet Beagle.
This is crazy we are even having this conversation...it is a dog! It's not a wolf. It's not a bear. It's not a feral, wild animal....it's a domesticated dog! You seem to be implying that because it doesn't act and behave in the same exact manner that you are used to seeing other dogs act, that it must be something far more than a dog. Are you going to tell me that a MWD Malinois or a hog-hunting Dogo Argentino are also "not dogs" because of how drastically different their temperaments are from the average beagle? There are many different breeds of dog, each with their own unique traits and temperaments, but at the end of the day a dog is a dog. It doesn't mean that they're all suitable for family/pet ownership, but that's a truism that should go without saying.

I realize now that having mature and thoughtful discussion on anything other than a GSD, or a Malinois, is a bridge too far for many in this crowd. Every time someone brings up a question on a different type of dog, there seems to be a barrage of criticisms and degrading remarks....often times from people, who in all likelihood, have no real experience with the dog in question. But I guess that's the beauty of the internet and google searches...everyone's an expert on everything nowadays.

#26 ·
Really enjoyed the informed yet emotionally charged debate.my aim is not to compare any breed with gsd.rather to study breeds that are naturally protective. However I will like to two comments. One was regarding breeding out Filas to extinction. Lets not be drastic. Many species have fallen victim to human prejudice. Another comment was what's the fun of owning a breed like fila. Well only the owners of the fila can respond to that.��

#27 ·
wow... this thread seems blown out of proportion. granted, I've only known 1 fila and the owner was a responsible, experienced, rare mastiff fancier... but the dog had, a rather normal life. not a dog park or coffee shop dog but she walked in the pack with his others. he had a good sized property where she roamed... he had company over... she was well trained, aloof, and kept to herself... I didn't get in her space, I didn't ask to pet her, I didn't enter the house or yard w/o him or his girlfriend present.... my face was never torn off.

#28 ·
Sounds like a nice dog, but maybe one that would not be considered a good representation of the standard. When the standard says a judge shouldn't touch the dog for fear of a bite and if the dog bites, it is just a confirmation of the dogs correct breeding, then to me, the dog you saw is not true to the breed.

The ones I have seen both owners warned me not to get close. If I can't take my dog out in public for a walk for fear of someone coming close enough to get bit, there is no enjoyment for me. Here is a scenario that has happened to me. I got a quote for new windows. The guy shows up, I place Remi on his place, the guy is in my house for 30 minutes. He walks around, measures, etc. Remi doesn't move. Guy gets up and leaves. I did this with a plumber also. Say I had a fila, could I do this? Based on what I have read, and heard from owners, the likelihood is no. Say the plumber decided to wack me over the head with a wrench. And I had a fila in another room locked up because I couldn't trust him with strangers coming into the house. What good is it for me to have that dog for protection? Say I had Remi PP trained and he is on his place mat and the plumber wacks me....Remi would be in the fight in a second.

If someone wants a farm guardian, property guardian, junk yard dog, etc, the fila might be a good candidate. If you want a dog to protect you, the dog has to be trustworthy in all situations and be stable enough to go places with you. It has everything to do with your lifestyle I guess. I will take a well trained, solid nerve, balanced anything (GSD, Mal, pit, rottie, doberman) over a fila if I wanted a dog to protect me. Of course, I like the bumper sticker "forget the dog, be aware of the owner" and I live by it >:)

#30 · (Edited)
fair enough Eddie but a judge would... be in the dogs space, as well as touching the dog. I was a non threatening dog savvy visitor with respect for the dog, owner and it's training. if I was a guy with clanky tools rummaging around making trips in and out... surely she (all of his dogs) would have been put away. she was not purchased, to my knowledge, to protect against the plumber. I also don't believe anyone attempted to approach him while walking when or where he did with 2 dogos also in tow.

we have a different breed because we have different needs and preferences. I don't need 3 mastiffs to guard my property. if put in that position I'd probably still opt for a shepherd and argue that to a bystander they serve the same function. but, everyone doesn't like or want a shepherd.

all of that said - there are ridgebacks with no ridge and beaucerons with no dewclaws, GSD who don't hit every bullet of the breed description (mine don't) yet people still enjoy them and the qualities they do have. other breeds have particular attack styles and never attack...

my point was simply in reference mainly to the dogs quality of life - she did not strike me as this monster that remained on guard 26hrs a day who's only quality was a face grabbing attack.

#38 · (Edited)
Saying that Filas are just a dog really bothers me.

The difference is between literal and implied meaning. Yes literally they are a dog, but the implication of the word "dog" to the vast majority of the population conjures up images of the big goofy tennis ball loving lab, the prissy poodle, the skate boarding bull dog, the taco loving chihuahua.

I said jokingly up the thread I didn't have a dog in this fight because I am a dirty rotten pit bull lover... and that is true. I have spent thousands of dollars and man hours involved in pit rescue. I have shared my home with pits and pit mixes for well over 15 years. I love the breed. I think they are the bees knees!

But I will be one of the first to say they aren't just a dog.

There is a reason they top the statistics in regards to human and pet deaths. Actually a multitude of reasons - a prevalent one though is the "it's just a dog mantra".

That attitude has directly harmed the pit bull breed / type. People are unrealistic about the inherent drives of these dogs and they mismanage them leading to tragedy all too often. Which ends up with legislation being passed that leads to the death of many dogs.

Some breeds have been selected for traits that do make them inherently dangerous in modern society - high defensive and prey drives. JQP often forgets that dogs are predators. When the right (or wrong depending on how you look at it) drives and thresholds are in place a dog is every bit as dangerous as a wolf, tiger or bear. They've got the right equipment after all. But thats just not the public perception. Its easier to say that the "dangerous" / more intense breeds are more than just a dog than it is to change the cultural idea of what a dog is.

Personally, I've never been too offended by the posters here who dislike my other breed. It's been an agree to disagree type of thing.

#40 ·
Saying that Filas are just a dog really bothers me.
Well if you don't like the inclusion of the word "just," go talk to Mineareworkinglines, because he is the one who introduced that word.

There is a reason they top the statistics in regards to human and pet deaths. Actually a multitude of reasons - a prevalent one though is the "it's just a dog mantra".

That attitude has directly harmed the pit bull breed / type. People are unrealistic about the inherent drives of these dogs and they mismanage them leading to tragedy all too often.

Some breeds have been selected for traits that do make them inherently dangerous in modern society - high defensive and prey drives. JQP often forgets that dogs are predators. When the right (or wrong depending on how you look at it) drives and thresholds are in place a dog is every bit as dangerous as a wolf, tiger or bear. They've got the right equipment after all. But thats just not the public perception. Its easier to say that the "dangerous" / more intense breeds are more than just a dog to change the cultural idea of what a dog is.
Again, what is the common theme here? These dogs are products of human actions, or inaction in some cases. If a certain breed or line turns into a human-aggressive, overly reactive biting machine, it's because we, as humans, let it happen, either on purpose or through negligence. As it stands, the dreaded pitbull has been demonized and even outlawed in many communities because of poor management and breeding by humans. And yet those same drives and temperaments in the pitbull, which you seem to think are too dangerous for the modern world, are put to good use in hunting quarry, pulling competitions and even credible protection work.

Like I said earlier, it's all a matter of matching the right dog with the right environment. If you don't think you can handle owning and training a Fila, don't get a Fila. It's as simple as that.

#39 ·
Go meet a breeder or owner in person and stop regurgitating internet trivia as if that is somehow a sufficient replacement for first-hand experience.
I find the BREED STANDARD to be sufficient in providing information as to the general disposition of a breed.

I mean, that is the purpose of having a standard after all...

#42 ·
Lol...all right. Well I guess you know all there is to know about the Fila. I don't see any point then in you going and meeting one in person. You seem to have it all figured out. The Fila is a dangerous, face-attacking dog....case closed.

Gotta love that internet! I mean at this rate, you'll be an expert on just about every single breed without even leaving your desk. :wink2:

#46 ·
I stated this thread. Never expected this thread to become such a fiercely debated topic.

Actually Fila has two personalities: 1. Extreme aversion for strangers.
2. Fiercely loyal and Docile with his own family, which is reason for an old Brazilian proverb
"Faithful as a Fila dog"

The 1st character means this is not a dog for an average, inexperienced house hold, where lot of people come and there are no proper space to confine a large dog like fila.

However like any canine it bonds closely with its pack/family, thrives on love and affection of the family, early socialization, should not be left alone for long hours alone etc. In this sense its requirements are also similar to many other large dogs. So yes its very much a dog for a family that owns him or her.

But for its natural aversion for strangers and size, very serious introspection must be made by prospective owners and breeders must also carefully interview and choose the homes where they place the puppy.

#54 ·
I have only had 2 experiences with Fila. Both at a rare breed dog show.

The first, we were watching a class and heard "Fila coming through" and everyone parted like Red Sea. Seriously the entire aisle cleared in seconds and a handler comes through with a leash being used as a muzzle on the dog as it was ushered through. Everyone just got out of the way, once it passed everything went back to normal. It was weird.

Second, at the same show, I watching a class again and felt a dog jump on me, on my side. I turned and was face to face with a dog. I looked at the handler and asked "what breed?" To which he replied, it's a Fila puppy. This dog was HUGE already. But was friendly. I froze a bit when he told me, but he was unconcerned, aside from being a bit embarrassed that the dog jumped on me.

I put this breed in the same mental category as a Boerbel. Fine in the right hands. If understood and handled properly, fine. But dangerous in the wrong hands.

Neither are a breed I would own. Just don't interest me at all to be honest. I don't live in an area that would require or be conducive to owning one of them. Nor am I a fan in general of Molosser type dogs.

They are dogs. They have been bred for specific purposes and in the right hands, the I am sure they have wonderful lives and their owners love their dogs. It just won't be my hands.

But I also feel the same way about many breeds. Chihuahuas, border collies, beagles, coonhounds, huskies, Malinois. I don't like their temperaments or drives and hence, don't want one. Except Border Collies. I love them. I am an innappropriate home for one. So I admire from afar.

In the end, yes they are dogs. Just like every breed. Is this a breed of dog that requires a very specific environment and training. Yup. This is not a dog breed that is going to thrive in almost every situation. It's not a golden or a lab. They are toyotas, this is a Mack truck with wheel spikes. LOL.

#56 ·
Tezpur, as you said, very serious introspection must be made by prospective owners and breeders must also carefully interview and choose the homes where they place the puppy. Sadly, that isn't usually the case. I was just playing on the internet and found this ad listed in a town not far from me. I counted 13 puppies in this litter. I doubt most of the new owners will have any idea of what they're getting into.

I have a litter of Fila Mastiff puppies that need their forever home. They are 9 weeks old, weaned, dewormed and had their first set of shots. They each come with a detailed health record from our local vet. The parents are registered but due to issues with the breeder we have yet to receive papers; so only asking for rehoming fee of $500. I have fawn colored as well as different shades of brindle. Inlcuding some general pics of the puppies and of the parents. Contact me for additional pictures. These are wonderful family dogs that require a lot of work but they're worth it. Very protective but not agressive unless their family is being threatened. Don't hesitate to text with any additional questions and thanks!

#59 ·
Dear Deb, The problem are we the humans. Now with the advent of internet based marketing dogs are getting traded like soft toys in most parts of the world. We need serious legislation to prohibit this dog trading over olx, or quikr or similar sites which are a platform to sell anything.

#60 ·
True, but before the internet they could all be found in newspapers or tacked up on bulletin boards at stores. I think the only real difference now is you can find almost anything you want on the internet and before you were limited to what was more local.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.