Czech vs DDR bloodlines - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Czech vs DDR bloodlines

Is there any noticeable difference in the drives and temperament of czech and DDR bloodline gsds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 12:42 PM
Crowned Member

There is huge variation within each.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoore View Post
There is huge variation within each.
Not really though, Czech dogs descended from DDR dogs. The differences are minimal and if you see the Czech dogs, they always have DDR descendants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 08:42 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezzz View Post
Not really though, Czech dogs descended from DDR dogs. The differences are minimal and if you see the Czech dogs, they always have DDR descendants.
I said there is variation within each bloodline. You don't agree that there are higher-drive Czech dogs and lower-drive Czech dogs, higher threshold DDR dogs and lower threshold DDR dogs, more and less civil DDR dogs and more and less civil Czech dogs? In my experience there is a wide variety of personality, drives and temperament in each line. There is enough variation within the two bloodlines to render it pretty pointless to say, "Czech dogs are like X and DDR dogs are like Y."
Crunch Hardtack likes this.

- 6 years

At the Bridge:

post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 08:36 AM
Crowned Member

I see a distinct difference in the two....but that's only based on owning and researching them for past twenty years.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 08:39 AM
Crowned Member

Btw Emoore, I will be in Austin from 27th to march 1st. PM me if you would like to touch base, I would like to see your dogs.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Crowned Member

LOL Cliff!!!!!!!!

I also think that while there are variations in each (subtype) and even to different bloodlines....what is being bred as pure DDR today has distinct differences from other types....but is invaluable to bring out/forward the qualities that are associated with the DDR type - Lord G in particular is quite often seen in the WGR and Belgian breeding - particularly via Manto .....from my miniscule experience of 17 years....I definitely can see why.

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

I am very impressed by the beauty of the pure DDR type gsds in Zwinger-vom-Parchimer-Land kennel.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zwing...Parchimer-Land

I fins them more appealing than WGSL dogs
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 11:16 AM
Crowned Member

Not pure DDR any more - that latest litter is all West German working lines

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 11:33 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffson1 View Post
Btw Emoore, I will be in Austin from 27th to march 1st. PM me if you would like to touch base, I would like to see your dogs.
I'ts just Kopper now. But I would like that.

- 6 years

At the Bridge:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page